• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

HELP!!! chip underclocked

ok i just put a new heatsink on my CPU, i cleaned off the silver crap and all put it back in right and everything, i booted up and it said warning new processer installed. so i thought it was all ok but my cpu is now running at 1.2ghz not 1.6 it is an amd xp 2000+, i did not move any jumpers and i did nothing with the bios, how can i get it back up to speed?

Krux

Nissan Powered
he shouldn't have any kind of options to mess with the multipliers unless the cpu is unlocked which I doubt it is. just set your fsb to 133 there isn't a 266 option (its just 133x2) and it should register just fine.

heh, so i fogot a detail... :) any odds he's looking for the 266 option?

Also, doesn't matter if its locked, it doesn't affect the motherboard. The MB can run what ever it wants... not saying it will work though. Basically, it detected his CPU ran at a certain FSB, but didn't try to guess the multplier. This is normal. Its not hard to fix.

i was looking for the 266 option and on my nforce mobo there is a 266fsb setting. i have done everything and no luck, i have changed the fsb to all my options and no luck, i updated the bios and no luck, now what?

Processor Speed: XP 2000+ Processor*
Cache Size: 384KB
Processor Socket: Socket A
Bus Speed: 266MHz (133x2)
Processor Class: AMD Athlon

*Actual clock speed is 1.67GHz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar