Help asap!

G

gmagnuson

I am having a major problem. I hope someone can help. My keyboard's backspace key was not working, so I updated the keyboard driver to the appropriate one (i thought), but when I restarted the computer, my mouse and keyboard were unresponsive. My computer has a password, but I cannot move the mouse to type it in, and the tab key is not working. Is there any way to somehow bypass the password, so I can do a system restore without loosing all of my data? (sadly, some is not backed up.....) Someone said that I was going to have to format and reinstall....and loose my data. I hope someone else can help me more. Thanks.

Greg

try going in to safe mode or last known good configuration with my is comp press F8 at BIOS if your keyboard works in bios then your ok

Plug in another keyboard and try it.

Shut it down, unplug the keyboard and mouse check the connectors and the slots where they go into and reinsert them into their respective slots and reboot.

Or shut down and reboot into safe mode. But try another keyboard first... Borrow a friend's keyboard or any cheapy you have laying around. Just make sure it's connector is the same.

I have tried another keyboard, no change. My current keyboard will work in the BIOS.

check out the spec on -[xs]-mirage's machine some people get all the money:(

Originally posted by gmagnuson
I have tried another keyboard, no change. My current keyboard will work in the BIOS.

Boot into safe mode and remove the keyboard driver, then reboot. XP should detect keyboard and install native driver. Then see if it's O.K.

Damnyank that is a great link. That might do it for Gmagnuson.

I tried that and when it asked for the admin password, I entered my normal password. I am setup as a computer administrator, but it keeps saying invalid. What now

is your comp pre built??? cuz this password is different from user password you have to assign it when you install windows to use the recov console overwise you should know it cuz you have to set it up during instalation the techies at the factory set their own one

Yes, the computer is pre build. How would I find it out?

That gives me my product key, I am trying to figure out my admin. password. That the factory must of set.

can you log on as Administrator in safe mode ????

if you can

assign a yourself a new Administrator password from there

on safe mode there should be the Administrator account, unless you manually set the password for this account, it should be blank

Also if it was pre-built, call the place you bought it from and tell them the situation.

I finaly figured it out. So simple, yet complex-took 2 houres! I had to restart the computer and hold F8 while starting up and choose last known working condition and it worked. Thanks for all the help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back