Help Anyone?

• Thread starter CrAsHeRKiDD
  • Start date
C

CrAsHeRKiDD

For the past few days when iv started my computer i keep getting this message...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to you computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this error screen restart your computer.
If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue disable or remove any ne installed hardware or software.
Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing

Techical information

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x7F849FF4, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X804ED562)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im new to XP and only had it installed for a few weeks and its been fine up untill the last few days :mad:

I dont know what it can be cos i havnt installed anything new.. Apart from the odd bit of software but nothing that could **** it up..

But when i do restart it usually starts up but sometimes locks up with a message about dumping :confused: :confused: ..

If you could help it would be a life saver as im on the brink of making my size 10 come into contact with little old PC :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cheers..

Phil.

read this here

it's fairly comen driver isue. u installed drivers recently?

Not that i know of but it also says this "it might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner"

I recently installed norton antivirus... Could it be that?

i use nav2002 + xp home + have no prob's.

which version u using?

dam ur quick.........u done any window's updates?

Tho I doubt that is the cause mate, try running liveupdate aswell.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Tho I doubt that is the cause mate, try running liveupdate aswell.

Its all upto date iv just run liveupdate :)

cheak ur update histry 4 driver's etc.

go 2 window's update + do scan. it a link on left near bottom.tell's u wot u installed

Well when it started giving me this error i reinstalled windows so i lost all the updates...

But i was still gettin problem without the updates so it cant be any of them

Its all seated properly i checked... It must be a driver of somesort :( :( :(

found this thread 4 u, got sum link's,happy readin

link

it can be defective ram i've heard specialy if u've alway's had prob

No my problem only started a few days ago uptill then its been fine ...

read through thread's. try disablin card's + restartin.

can u give us some detailed spec's?

thing is iv restarded twice since i 1st got the warning and its started ok... I usually find its when i turn it on in the morning..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back