Help!! Anybody Have The Audigy Xgamer Cd Drivers??

GTO

OSNN Newbie
help me plz,can anybody tell me where can i find them or if anybody got those drivers from the cd Audigy XGamer 5.1.

I found an easy way to install audigy xx(kind of a pain, but if you have no cd it might be the only way). All you have to do is

1. download the oldest driver and the newest driver
2. download winrar, and install it
3. right click on the old driver file, then goto "extract to <file name>/"
4. go into device manager, find the audigy in there(will have a "?" picture) and right click on it and goto upadate driver
5. then goto "install from specific..."
6. Then goto "search for the best..." uncheck "search removable..." and check "include this location..." then browse into the folder that says driver, click ok
7. then hit next and it should install them
8. if it worked then install the new drivers and there you have it.

This sounds like a lot a work, which it isn't, but it works if you dont have the cd. I suppose the link above work to :D

i have the full installs (including all creative software) of the soft mod for the audigy -> audigy 2. it's about 300 megs unzipped, so pm me or something and if you want them, we can set up a time where i can send them to you. unless someone else here is willing to host them.

actually i found a link to the actual ISO of an audigy 2 CD and the guide to the softmod here. hope this helps.

It has always been the same with Creative, if you don't have the application cd - sure you can install the drivers and enjoy stereo sound. But you can't install their finely bloated suite of applications that would allow you to add EAX effects or CSS2 audio (stereo to all available speakers etc.)

Creative are shocking.

i'm in the same boat right now

i have the audigy 2 platinum ex model.

only audigy 2 model that is fully top of the line and only audigy 2 model with asio 2.0 and true "6 channel input" at once recording

missing my darn audigy 2 cd what now?

anyone havve a link to the 100mg or whatever compressed cd file?

the iso in the link above is over 500mg and 3k download haha

thanks

Read my post!!!! You dont need it, just the old drivers and the new ones, you dont even need the old ones but it helps with the install of the game port.

What?? Nobody said KX Project Drivers yet? I don't have an Audigy Xgamer, but I'm fairly sure they'll work.

kx drivers suck...when i lost my CD i tried them, but then found the audigy 2 softmod installs somewhere else a few months ago and then used those instead.

and it's not a question of whether or not the sound card will work with just the drivers. the idea is that one would want to be able to use the software and extras that allow you to have in depth speaker configuration, EAX, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back