I found an easy way to install audigy xx(kind of a pain, but if you have no cd it might be the only way). All you have to do is
1. download the oldest driver and the newest driver
2. download winrar, and install it
3. right click on the old driver file, then goto "extract to <file name>/"
4. go into device manager, find the audigy in there(will have a "?" picture) and right click on it and goto upadate driver
5. then goto "install from specific..."
6. Then goto "search for the best..." uncheck "search removable..." and check "include this location..." then browse into the folder that says driver, click ok
7. then hit next and it should install them
8. if it worked then install the new drivers and there you have it.
This sounds like a lot a work, which it isn't, but it works if you dont have the cd. I suppose the link above work to
i have the full installs (including all creative software) of the soft mod for the audigy -> audigy 2. it's about 300 megs unzipped, so pm me or something and if you want them, we can set up a time where i can send them to you. unless someone else here is willing to host them.
It has always been the same with Creative, if you don't have the application cd - sure you can install the drivers and enjoy stereo sound. But you can't install their finely bloated suite of applications that would allow you to add EAX effects or CSS2 audio (stereo to all available speakers etc.)
kx drivers suck...when i lost my CD i tried them, but then found the audigy 2 softmod installs somewhere else a few months ago and then used those instead.
and it's not a question of whether or not the sound card will work with just the drivers. the idea is that one would want to be able to use the software and extras that allow you to have in depth speaker configuration, EAX, etc.