Help and Support Center

G

genjuro125

I just rescently reinstalled Windows XP Pro slipstreamed with SP1 and now the Help and Support Center does not work. I started all of the services for it in the Services Snap-in in the MMC Console. I click on the Help and Support Center and nothing happens. The cursor comes up as an hourglass then just turns back to normal. Any help on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

If you used toni arts easy cleaner restore the registry using easy cleaners restore function.

I ran the script but I don't think it solved the problem. Do I have to restart after I run the script? Also System Information does not work. Would it be better to repair my computer using the repair console? If i do that will have to reinstall all of the programs, I just installed after the reinstalation of WIN XP PRO?

P.S. I didn't use a registry cleaner

Yes, a reboot is probably in order (why didn't you try a reboot before posting?)

Anyway, if you still have the problems you can do a repair install and if done correctly, you will not have to reinstall your programs. Two things you can try:

1) A Restore Point from just before the problem arose. This is the simplest method - but it may or may not help.

2) If System Restore doesn't do it, do a repair install. Boot to your XP CD and choose the second repair option. Soon after loading the inatallation program will recognize you already have XP installed and offer a repair option. Do not take the first repair option (it will drop you at the repair console). Two screens later you'll again be offered a repair choice - take this one (press "R"). XP will install on top of itself, so it will take about 20-40 minutes depending on your system.

Had the same problem and this script worked great...
I didn't even had to restart

thanx mate great tip :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back