0x805dcc5b
ive been having this prob since i bought my
k7266pr-u
athlone xp1800
ram 266ddr
i've changed the mem to hyundi changed the power supply to 350
reformated,taking every thing out and replaced 1-1 to no avail
if i new what the last line is i would have a better idea
i can be playing agam e browsing the web transfering files to diferent hard drives basicly anything i do i can leave it on all night
only to turne my monitor on open a folder then bang BSOD PLEASE HELP
athlon xp 1800
creative 5.1
netgear card
sparkle g-force 3 ti200
maxtor 133 40gb hard drive ( on raid )
maxtor 30gb hard drive ide master
w/d 40 gb hard drive on ide slave
plextor 24/10/40
actima 50x cdrom

I'm willing to bet it has something to do with your one HD being on the raid...it's a hunch, Try installing XP to one of the other drives, or if XP is on one of the others disco the raid drive and let your comp run and see if the error still occurs

also look for any suspicious entries in your event log.

hmm

are you using standby mode, and or hibernate ect....if so try disabling it see if it helps...also i would disable advanced power management in my mobo....i know there has been issues with
standby and hibernate in xp, search the windows update catalog,
they recently put out a fix for somthing like this......what is that maxtor raided with, i thought they had to be the same size? hds
correct me if im wrong.........:p

yes m8 tried just running with no raid still same prob
i have the maxtor 40gb on raid by its self
tried using diferent h/d drives but still the same prob
if any body knowes what the last line of the error message is
0x805dcc5b i think that would fix it tried all over the web to find
thanx

uhh?

raid is for 2 drives, am i missing somthing? you need to put that maxtor 40 gig on an ide controller, ata.. it shouldnt be on raid unless your putting 2 drives together. u need to open the tower
and connect it to your ide, unless of course theres scsi involved too. you may have tried this already though....it would help if you could post a screen shot of the errors...and what chipset your mobo uses, via, amd, ect...what version are your video card drivers? did you do an upgrade to xp or a clean fresh install. and
if you got a new mobo with that athlon xp did you format your hds
before you installed the mobo, to totaly wipe the old controllers,drivers and bios settings for the old mobo?are you in acpi mode, or standard pc mode? check your temps inside the tower too..those athlon xps run pretty hot.

also. sparkle g-force 3 ti200 ... some cards are really cheap and
crudely manufactured...ive never heard of sparkle,lol im not saying its no good, i just know that there are many cards that
dont work well cause of cheaply made boards....so check it out. lol
the memory should be fine its huyandai, lol ... ;)

yes m8 done fresh install with 2 hard drives on raid
maxtor 40gb w/d 40gb were i bought the board from says my probs were using diferent makes on raid so i only have 1 at the moment sparkle is a well knowing make for grafix card
using the latest bios -detonator 28.32 the motherboard has the via chip on it that has the latest bios have done fresh install on all hard drives fdisk&format on all latest drivers for every thing
and still the same prob please HELP

I'M TAKING THE BOARD & ATHLON 1800
BACK TO THE SHOP TO CHANGE OVER ON TUES
TO SEE IF IT IS THE BOARD OR PRO-

It sounds like it's not waking up from standby mode correctly.

1) update BIOS to lastest version
2) disable power management in windows
3) disable ACPI in the BIOS.

Good luck

also

disable all power management in your mobo bios.too
dont disable acpi unless your ready to do a repair or reinstall
of xp.as well as a performance drop...
if its a wake stand by thing you can fix it by disabling all power mangement options in both windows and bios...
i dont think its your mobo or chip.
have you installed the latest via 4 in 1 drivers? version 4.38 i think.

yes m8 the thing is i could be typing this message & crash
i could be playing a game & crash,i could be wrighting a disk & crash,.you get the point i have the latest via 4-1 drivers
i've disabled power mangment if any one can tell me this error message i would fix the prob the last line is 0x805dcc5b
i never had these probs befor with abit raid p111 800
only since i bought the motherboard processer ddr ram
any more help welcom

well

you need to post the entire error thread, i cant find anything with just 0x805dcc5b. so if possible make a screen shot of the error
or write down everything in the error. the error thread should have a reference to the app, driver ect... that is causinfg the crash.

here it is m8
a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
CHECK TO MAKE SURE ANY HARD WEAR OR SOFT WEAR HAS BEEN CCORECTLY INSTALLED

STOP 0X0000000A ( 0XE169A860 )
0X00000002,0X00000000,0X805DCC5B

THATS THE MESSAGE HAS CRASHED 3 TIMES THIS MORNING
THANX FOR YOUR HELP :(

Move the slots that your cards are in. if you have any cards next to your vid board, move them if possible, try and keep a lil spearation space of sorts if possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back