[HELP] Adobe Updater: No connection. Please check your...

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
When I launch Adobe Updater I receive the following error:

"No connection. Please check your Internet settings and/or firewall. Waiting for connection..."

I already made sure this application has access through my firewall (Windows OneCare). My Internet is working (obviously because I am posting this question). I've deleted the settings for Adobe Updater (C:\Documents and Settings\matt\Application Data\Adobe\Updater\...) and tried again to no avail. And I've searched Google and Adobe and had no luck finding anything.

Any suggestions?

I assume you are refering to the Adobe Download Manager - have you tried removing it from ADD/REMOVE programs, and then trying to download again?

Not Adobe Download Manager. Adobe Updater (comes with CS2).

I get the same error with the updater, but my firewall logs show no connections attempted to be made.

Sorry, I should have known that wasn't the application you were referring to.

Google is a bit dry, the only thing I was able to find that may be remotely able to help, besides getting an account with the Adobe Forums, was this page:

http://brams.dk/2005/05/01/problems-with-new-adobe-create-suite-2-premium/

It looks like copying the updater directory from one path to another fixed the problem for him. I am not sure of the exact path because the first path he referenced doesn't appear to be in english :eek:

I also can't dig much because I dont' have that application, and as a result those file paths, on my machine.

Maybe that will be able to help you, I will keep searching.

Checking out the Adobe Forums now and others have the same exact problem since updating to IE7 which doesn't make sense because Adobe Updater is (or should be) a standalone program and shouldn't work off of IE.

I was going to mention that as well, as I saw some of the System Requirements for the app were IE 5.x or 6.x - didn't think it mattered for that. Perhaps a bug that can be reported to IE?

If you install Firefox and set that as your default browser, might that do the trick?

Firstly, I will NEVER install FF. You should be ashamed for suggesting that knowing me as well as you do.

Secondly, I can't think of what has changed between IE6 and IE7 that would have an impact on Adobe Updater.

I will never install FF either, and I do apologize for suggesting such a feature :p

*slaps himself*

I just figured it may be a viable option, rather than un-installing IE7 just to test if that is indeed the root cause.

Try Opera :)

Ah, thats probably it, I have IE 7 as well.

God forbid you install a superior product like Firefox, but it doesn't help as it is my default browser.

I'm sure he won't install Opera either, he would be too ashamed to find out that Microsoft is the WORST.

I'll call Adobe tomorrow. We'll see what they have to say about IE7.

I tried running a repair on PS CS2 and that did nothing. I tried deleting the application data saved data and that did nothing.

j79zlr, to each his own. I don't talk to you like that for using other products so please don't talk to me like that.

Christ.

Microsoft isn't the worst. The fact that a BETA software release is affecting a RTM product release doesn't make it inferior (as you are saying Firefox is superior).

The ONLY reason I suggested either FF or Opera was to test. I would never switch to either full-time, as there is no reason to. You people are starting to sound like broken records, it's getting a bit old.

*sigh* I was just looking for help. Thanks for trying Derek.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back