hello all ghod a few system glitches

thorlof

OSNN Junior Addict
hi all new to the whole computer thing and was wondering if any one can help me ok i use i tunes for playing my music on my computer and when i run yahopo or mozzilla when i am running it itunes will freeze up or my machine will run slow i have a dell
omegatron its got a 2.79 gig herts in it with a Pentium 4 proseser and 512 ram can anyone help i think it it may be a sound card issue or a driver issue with my sound card

thanks wolf

its a mem thing you need more ram 512 isn't enough

Last edited:
i have a laptop that only has 52 and a 1.0 prossecer and it does not do that
and 512 worth of ram

Typing while drunk is fun!

or if english isn't your first language

Last edited:
He has a bunch of the letters correct, just in the wrong order, more than likely he wasn't in the correct state of mind, but I could be wrong.

He has a bunch of the letters correct, just in the wrong order, more than likely he wasn't in the correct state of mind, but I could be wrong.

Much like Carpo writing isn't as inst, twice.

Thorlof - have you got the latest version of iTunes? Try updating your audio drivers too.
Also, when it happens open Task Manager and see which program is causing it.

im dyslexic, but i will still appologise to the spelling nazis :p

you know what i that you Unleashed for the advice and as for you spelling nazis piss off
typing in the dark is hard at any rate i have done all that i am thinking it may be something elts my computer is ok as far as not to many programs running at once i have also noticed that when i run a jahva program it really slows my computer down could this be running in the backgroung invisible and causeing problems?

oh and also a few weeks ago i did a windows xp non destructive reinstall
could this be causing problems as well?

and that's thank you Unleashed for the advice

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say if you had to do a reinstall that your windows is in need of a fresh start, I would suggest to make back ups of all the things you want to keep like photos and music and game saves and then start with a fresh clean install of windows and all the drivers needed for your machine.

thanks i am gonna do that i guess i think it the only thing i can do

I used to get problems with Java programs doing that, they really, really slowed my machine up.
But the latest versions of Java for about the last year have stopped it, I think they just ironed out the bugs that caused it. Make sure you have the latest version of the Java runtime (Version 6 Update 3), from here.

Well i just unstalled and reinstalled jahva that seems to have been the problem if i have anymore i'll let you know thanks to all for your help

so i actually had to go ahead and reinstall windows i found out it wha a couple of updates that i had installes that was causing me problems

I find when you are at the point that a repair install needs to be done your better off going ahead with a clean install.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back