Hellish CDRW drive problem

G

G|ass

I have an LTR-40125S drive that I've been using for about 2 months. Yesterday, October 25, I was burning just fine. Now, on October 26, I booted up my PC in the morning and all of a sudden I can not burn anything. I grabbed a blank CD from my 50 pack of Maxells I have been using the past week, put it in the drive as usual, but Nero says that there is no disc in the drive. I tried InfoTool and it also says no disc is in the drive. If I put in a regular CD, it can be read and copied just fine. I then reinstalled the CD drive, tried another Maxell CD and Nero detected a writable CD. But when I try to burn it as usual, it caches the files, gets up to 5 percent, stops for 4 minutes, then says Calibration area full, Invalid writestate, Could not perform EndTrack. The red CD light never comes on. This was taken from Nero's log file: Status: 0x04 (0x01, SCSI_ERR)
HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR)
I then opened up a pack of Fujifilms and still same crap. Also tried disabling Smart-Burn to no avail. This exact thing happened once before with my AOpen CRW-1232 drive. I could read CDs fine but could not write anything. I tried Windows XP's burning feature, CloneCD burning, and Nero. I actually threw out my AOpen drive and bought the Lite-On because I thought it was broken. I tried system restoring back to October 23 when it was working perfectly, still does not work. Any ideas?

Glass...I would try going into controlpanel>system>hardware>devicemanager>ide ata/atapi controllers>double click the CDRW IDE channel>advanced settings.

Make sure DMA if available is selected rather than PIO.

Worth a shot.

I would reinstall Windows, see if that helps, if not, well, I say your drive is buggered; I'm sorry to hear that it died.

Check all the dirve cables in the PC, make sure all are tight.

Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back