Heelllppp

G

G-Lizard86

Damn! Installed ASPI driver from this site, and now my soundcard stopped working...it's an onboard one..can anyone help? Now the only sound i hear is the mobo beeping...:(

Boot up in safe mode >

click help and support center >

click "undo changes to your computer using system restore"

click a restore point before you installed that driver

follow the screens

boooooooooom

:cool:

Last restore point i've made a few days ago..when i reinstalled xp, after that i've put a hell of a lot of stuff on it..don't wanna go thru that s**t again..where can i find drivers?

Gives us the name and model of the sound card.

Good lesson in when to do a restore point, right before you install new drivers, and right before you install a new program, I know it's a bit of work, but if something goes wrong, this will save your bacon a lot of times, unless you enjoy reformating and reinstalling.

That's the problem...it's says it's an standard audio device...if i translate..on my old mobo it was also an onboard device, but when the same thing happened..i just uninstalled the card and reinstalled it and there was no problem..but no there is no option to deinstall the card...:( :( :confused: :confused:

The sound card is built into the motherboard right? Look up that sound card at the AOpen website and get the driver for it there.

I've installed drivers and did a reboot...still no sound..only beeping mobo..:(

Well it looks like your options are limited now.

do the system restore, or

reformat and reinstall.

I would do the reformat and reinstall myself. :(

I know it sucks, but.....

do restore points from now on when installing drivers, hard lesson to be learned.

sorry

This is the error message i get when i try to play some music in winamp:

Winamp2 waveOut plug-in v1.03 error

No sound devices found. Please buy a soundcard first (or install proper drivers if you think that you have one).
More info can be found at http://www.geocities.com/mmsystem002/

Error code: 2
Windows error message:
"A Device-ID is used which is out of reach of the system" (bad translation from dutch)

F*ck~!!! why did it worked with my old soundcard, when i just reinstalled it??? i just don't get it....dang...can i deinstall the aspi drivers?

Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > look for the ASPI driver u installed (properly under system devices)

right click it > choose properties > Driver > roll back driver, or uninstall driver.

do this at your own risk, make backups of anything you want to save first, before doing this. Get ready to reformat and reinstall, probably.

sorry

It's working again...after installing aspi, and in POST screen i entered bios setup, i changed fsb from 114.0x13.0 to 117.0x13.0...now i've changed it back again and the sound card is working again...does this mean i can't go higher than 114.0x13.0?

well remember how i said make sure you pc is stable first.....well that is the kind of stuff i am talking about....one time when i o/c everything was fine then all of a sudden i would get an error everytime i would go online after a while it would say i was disconected( i have a cable modem).....when you cpu is o/c and it becomes unstable certain things will start to act funny for no reason so just check the cpu first b4 anything?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back