Heat Sink Advise Please

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all I am after some heat sink advice a while ago I brought up the same subject and the general census was to go for the THERMALRIGHT SLK900 or the Flower 6500cu heat sink (I am after a quiet->silent system here).

Due to cash flow I want to try and avoid spending the £54 on a heat sink and have seen the lower model the THERMALRIGHT SLK800 for over £10 less with a review found here http://www.systemcooling.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=71

This still weighs in at 505 grams and hangs off the 6 CPU lugs

What are people’s opinions please?

Cheers

Do you need 6500??
I found the Zalman CNPS 6000-cu HS/F combo for just over £30
I have the same CPU as you and mines lovely and cool
It's incredibly quiet too. I went to this after suffering a Thermoengine w/delta fan @ 7200rpm.
Man that was noisy.
My Zalman is now my quiet little friend :D :D

The zalman reviews i have read were not as glowing. What temperature do you get out of yours for what db fan i want to keep my whole system below 24db

Originally posted by indyjones
The zalman reviews i have read were not as glowing. What temperature do you get out of yours for what db fan i want to keep my whole system below 24db

i use one.. its on average 4-5 c cooler than my volcano 7 and is practically silent... :)

Originally posted by Sazar
i use one.. its on average 4-5 c cooler than my volcano 7 and is practically silent... :)

Which is :rolleyes:

LoL I was wondering when you would chip in Sazar as I remmembered you pushing your heatsink before :)

I must admit though that these THERMALRIGHT heatsinks interest me and they do apparently perform better based on www.overclockers.com ranking listing. Plus I am unsure of installation issues with the CNPS 6000 with my abit mboard

LOL :D

We've told you what we think already ;)
Are you gonna choose to ignore us until someone vouches for the "THERMALRIGHT"? 'cos Overclockers do.

You've had 2 recommendations for the flower.
You can either go with this or with yer own choice, or read the reviews on the sites you obviously do :p

They're all good HS/F so it depends on your own setup.

Hey I don't own both so can only offer opinion on the one.
The flower is heavy and over AMD recommended weight specs, but I rarely move my PC so it poses me no problems.

Good Luck m8
;) :D

bah get a volcano 11 its not silent but the nose will make u go deaf after awhile so it won't even matter :) I have one sitting in my gutted computer on the floor (just needs a cpu/ram/vid and I have a back up pc) but my I.C.E HSF is silent and keeps my cpu cool (last night it was 109 and it was 107 outside so about 100 inside) but anyways since u seem to be jerking us around im gonna sugest ummmmmm nothing either go with the flower that we have said works well and is quiet or get the other HSF and use that but none of us have said is good. so in other words stop asking if u don't want to listen. :)

Which is :rolleyes:

LoL I was wondering when you would chip in Sazar as I remmembered you pushing your heatsink before :)

I must admit though that these THERMALRIGHT heatsinks interest me and they do apparently perform better based on www.overclockers.com ranking listing. Plus I am unsure of installation issues with the CNPS 6000 with my abit mboard

hmm... a quick glance @ my sig will reveal the answer as to which one..

I like the zalman not because of the cooling alone but the separate fan that allows me to cool other items on my motherboard (ie northbridge)

ok..ok..ok!:rolleyes:

Fair enough I will try to locate a retailer (uk) for the flower.
My only worry was the weight as I transport it in long car journeys was worried about that.
BUT as a few of you own them and your mainboard has not split in half ;) it seems this is not an issue. :) HOWEVER my motherboard does have a close bank of Capacitors so I will have to check for motherboard suitability.

Oh and by the way i dont work for thermalright :D

ok..ok..ok!:rolleyes:

Fair enough I will try to locate a retailer (uk) for the flower.
My only worry was the weight as I transport it in long car journeys was worried about that.
BUT as a few of you own them and your mainboard has not split in half ;) it seems this is not an issue. :) HOWEVER my motherboard does have a close bank of Capacitors so I will have to check for motherboard suitability.

Oh and by the way i dont work for thermalright :D

its heavy.. but so long as you don't treat your case like a salsa partner the socket will not rip off...

Originally posted by Sazar
its heavy.. but so long as you don't treat your case like a salsa partner the socket will not rip off...

Break Dancing is out of the question then :)

Anyway on another note I have not found a direct comparison between the zalman and the thermalright the zalman was a 7000 model. Also the reviews for the thermalright were using fans with a higher db count then i intended to use. but i know the zalman 6000 will run "silent". So you have in your wisdom, swayed me :eek: :D

Now all I have to check is motherboard suitability, I have checked the zalman website but it does not say much....
Cheers

Originally posted by brassman
You might want to check out the Vantec Aeroflow.

don't do that we finally got him all set on buying a zalman !!! :mad:

Hey that Case is totally funky shame it will cost about £10000000 I expect :)

Just transport the computer with the motherboard side down. That way the weight of the HS won't matter too much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back