Heat issue in micro Atx case

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political Access
i am having a heat issue in my case there is only one fan built in to the power supply i am trying to figure out how to get better air flow into the case but given the size i find it difficult to do. i am enclosing pic of the case so you can see what i am talking about

It's a tough call. Maybe two 60mm or 40mm fans at the back blowing out?

looks like you have a proprietary case hat wasn't meant to accept any more fans. but you could likely rig a 40mm or 60mm fan (hard to tell) on the back where those vent holes are.

i assume you've opened the case and cleaned out any dust that's built up? made sure your cpu's and power supply's fan are still spinning? maybe remove the cpu's heatsink and clean the surfaces and apply some good thermal compound?

Hard to tell by the pic. If you have any extra slots in the back you can use a slot fan to exhaust some of the heat. I use one just below my video card to reduce the heat. If you haven't seen one, here is a pic to give you an idea:

FAN-PC-A1-unit.jpg

I'll add potential air flow to the list taurus gave :)

Well i had to solve the problem of where to attach the fan to the case and also how to put holes in the case and how to poer the fan. the only power pug was in the power supply, so i had some nifty splicing to do, the end result? two fans plugged into one socket and a cooler pc. I have to worn you. it does not look pretty but it works. let me tell you i was baffled for quite some time with this. but a wire stripper, roll of duct tape and drill got the job done. i'll post pics of the completed project to give some of you a visual of the surgery i did. For my first time i thought i did well.

sounds like you went about it the right way. good job.

I have the same prob w/one o my rigs (the one I'm on now).I have the extra fan below the vid card.Drilled holes on the top of the pc an installed a fan.Have one on the front pullin it in.2 fans on the hdd.But its not enough when the ambient temp is summer related.I've already burned up one GeForce 3 card.(Better than these supposed new GeForce 4 or 5 cards).Cost me almost $500 when they first came out.I gotta think of something else.The space is limited that I have to use. :p

Originally posted by Jan
I have the same prob w/one o my rigs (the one I'm on now).I have the extra fan below the vid card.Drilled holes on the top of the pc an installed a fan.Have one on the front pullin it in.2 fans on the hdd.But its not enough when the ambient temp is summer related.I've already burned up one GeForce 3 card.(Better than these supposed new GeForce 4 or 5 cards).Cost me almost $500 when they first came out.I gotta think of something else.The space is limited that I have to use. :p
maybe post some pics of your case so we can see what can be done about it.

pics of completed work

here are the pics of the completed project there are about 4 or 5 in total.

Now i have decided to painy my keyboard frame. from Cahrcoal Grey to Sunshine Yellow to match the color of the case. however i cannot color the keyes for obvious reasons. I will post pics of the sompleted project once it is finished.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back