Heat baby yeah!

yup my comp is in one of those kinds of desks.....hawaii is hot right now....i usually get up to 57C after my CS tweak session(usually 3-5 hrs:))
no air conditon ,humid, nobreeze coming into room...so i think my temps are safe relative to my settings:)

The workstation isnt one of those which is closed off at the back though. Considering the location of the PC, I'd also have to say that 57-62c is ok.

I like my baby (my puter) out in the open nothing anywhere close to it, breathe baby breathe. :cool:

AMD Athlon XP 1900+
MSI K7T266 motherboard
768 mb PC2100 DDR ram
MSI geforce 4 MX440 vid card
2-40 GB IBM Deskstar Harddrives
Plextor 24x10x40
Pioneer 16x DVD
Soundblaster Live 5.1
1200w 5.1 Pro Surround Sound Speaker System (rock!)

what else you want to know?

Dynatron DC1206BM-L638 - 7000 RPM Fan

Link

We pretty much have the same system Goku, great minds do think alike ;)

Yes it is a liitle loud, but it does what I want it to do.

Who me?

I'm happy with what I got, full load 45C, idle usually less than 40C, I am a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, leave it alone".

;)

Alright!

I am going to switch my fan to 7000RPM :cool: iCEMAN.

Meanwhile take a look at the screenshot below for the temp the CPU is at now with 5000RPM :) then we can draw comparisons.

Oh and the PC's been up for 32 hours non-stop.

Stick around ;)

Goku, my fan top speed is 7000 rpm, but right now it's sitting at 4800rpm and a CPU temp of 45C.

Location is key to everything, and room temp of course. ;)

I'm not competing with you, my friend, just telling you were I'm sitting at for a comparsion. Argueing or competing about who has the best machine is silly, I'm happy with what I have, you should be too !!!!!!! ;)

Catch23, my fan is currently at 4800rpm, the sound is not unbearable, and it's nowhere near as loud 50dBA right now.

Yes I understand your fan makes less noise than mine does, so what's your point?

Originally posted by Iceman38
Goku, my fan top speed is 7000 rpm, but right now it's sitting at 4800rpm and a CPU temp of 45C.

Location is key to everything, and room temp of course. ;)

I'm not competing with you, my friend, just telling you were I'm sitting at for a comparsion. Argueing or competing about who has the best machine is silly, I'm happy with what I have, you should be too !!!!!!! ;)

Huh :confused:

I wasnt competing :)

Oh and the fan isnt going @ 7000RPM on high, its sitting at 6250 but then again I did just turn on the comp.

Oh and catch your right dude, its waaaaaaaaaaaaay to f*kin loud :mad:

Back to Medium i suppose.

Goku, your temp is fine, my room temp right now is around 22C that explains the difference right there.

No I would leave it at medium speed. myself somewhere close to 5000rpm.

Alright, I will go change the setting to Medium and comeback :D

I did expect more from the High setting though :(

will it's your room temp that is the biggest factor here, all moving the fan up will do is move the hot air a little faster, it will cool it down somewhat, but not that big of a difference.

also looked up the specs on that Volcana 7 +

High - 6000rpm @ 47 dba

so the noise level pretty much the same between the two.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back