Heartburn cure?

Z

ZAnwar

Does anyone know of a good solution to stop Heartburn?
Why does it happen anyway?

I haven't got the problem, my mum has!

What is the Heartburn?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heartburn is a pain behind the breast bone, often described as ‘burning’ in quality. Pain can also be felt at the same level in the mid-line of the back. Most people suffer from heartburn at one time or another. In fact heartburn has nothing to do with the heart - it is a digestive problem. Heartburn is generally related to meals and posture and can often be relieved by remedies for indigestion.

Pain from the heart is also felt in the chest and sometimes in the upper abdomen. There are two kinds of heart pain. The first, angina, is a pain in the chest due to a temporary shortage of oxygen being carried in the blood to the heart muscle. Angina should be suspected if the chest pain is brought on by exercise and relieved by rest. The second is the more severe and prolonged pain of a heart attack. A heart attack should be suspected if the pain is felt intensely in the centre of the chest, spreading perhaps to one or both arms (especially the left) and into the lower jaw; or feels like a heavy pressure or is ‘vice-like’.

Potentially dangerous confusion can arise when someone neglects their heart pain believing it to be heartburn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Causes Heartburn?

Acid is present in the stomach to digest food. Heartburn occurs when small amounts of this acid rise up into the gullet (oesophagus) - the tube which carries food from the mouth to the stomach. This is called reflux.

The gullet, unlike the stomach, does not have a protective lining. So when it is exposed to the acid, it can become inflamed and painful.

Read More

Check out:
WebMD as well.

Thanks Jewelzz, I appreciate it a lot!

It says there to cut down on drinking tea aswell, as it is a hot drink. My mum drinks quite a lot of tea. About 4 times a day, I will tell her to cut down then.

Thanks again.

Right now, my mum drinks this liquid called 'Gaviscon' which relieves the pain.

Heartburn is one of the worst and most painful ailments that can afflict a person. It used to kill me in my early twenties.

Alot of caffiene and nicotine can be the cause, aside from spicy foods, rich foods, etc.
I lived on mt. dew and alcohol for a few years. (No, I wasn't smart enough quit that which pained me even though I knew the cause)

Tums, rolaids, and that kind of stuff are a temporary cure. If it gets real bad (keeping you awake at night), you can mix a table spoon of baking soda into a coffee cup full of warm water. The taste is pretty bad but it will work.

If it's acid reflux, see a doctor.

Originally posted by ZAnwar
Right now, my mum drinks this liquid called 'Gaviscon' which relieves the pain.
Gaviscon is a god-send!!!!
I gots problems with stomach acid and it helps soooo much :happy:

Originally posted by Codasmd

I lived on mt. dew and alcohol for a few years.
I live on Mountain Dew (not alcohol as I don't drink), Yummy!!

I just pound on my chest until it goes away...or those could be heart attacks. *shrugs*

woah, I didn't know that many people had heartburn? eek:

Now Gaviscon have released tablets, easier when you are on the go!

But for home people, the liquid is best. :)

this is what you want ...its called Nexium ...my brother in law gave my wife 3 tablets at Xmas and she hasnt had one single episode of heartburn since ...dont know if you can buy it in the states tho?? my wife says its unbelievable how it works and with no side effects either for my wife anyway

http://www.purplepill.com/

to many people get it! Life has alot of pain dont you think ?

Originally posted by Burpster
this is what you want ...its called Nexium ...my brother in law gave my wife 3 tablets at Xmas and she hasnt had one single episode of heartburn since ...dont know if you can buy it in the states tho?? my wife says its unbelievable how it works and with no side effects either for my wife anyway

http://www.purplepill.com/

Come on Burpster, its only been 4 days, let the eating take its toll.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back