heard something about why midnight club 2 online lags

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
when im playing midnight club 2 and it says "go!" it kinda takes me a long time to catch up to people in the beginning and some guy online said it was b/c i have a slow system (900 mhz) and he said the higher the cpu the faster you can respond to online. and he said its noticible faster. is that true???? btw the guy said he tested 2 pcs and thats how he knew.

Could be the speed of the computer but it also the speed of your internet connection, and the other people who you are racing.

When i play Midnight Club 2 online, i have noticed also at the beginning a slight delay in catching up. Ive found out in my opinion it is because my graphic detail is on too high 1600x1200 ingame resolution. Perhaps if you lower your game graphics slightly, it might be able to solve your problem. I think i will stick to the catchup at the beginning so that i can have the best graphic detail i can get ;). Whats a couple of seconds in comparision with minutes/hours of Midnight Club 2 full detail fun :D ;)

Alex :cool:

hey axel someone also told me that. they were like lower ur rez to 640x480 then i went to go lower it and i found its already @ the resolution. hehe!

my cpu is athlon 900mhz, graphics card is geforce 2 mx, and my RAM is 512mb but i think the second 256 stick is malfunctional, im not sure tho!

The minimum spec for the game is 800mhz.. so its always going to be running slower than it would do on a higher processor.

What drivers are you using for your card? You tried any others?

oh.. geforce 2mx, i had the same problem with that. I think its just the card catching up with itself at the beginning considering its not a Directx 9 card :p. Chris is proberbly right, it is possibly due to your computer system. Are you using offical Nvidia drivers?

Although, have you tried Midnight Club 2 Demo? Does that do the same thing? :confused: That could be worth a look. I have both Demo and full game installed on my system and use whatever to suit what mood im in :)

im using 44.03. i don't know why lol. i think i was using the 29.xx one but i changed recently b/c someone told me the 44.03 was good

yep the demo does work online so long as you get the multiplayer demo ;) hehe.

Try the new Nvidia drivers (the offical ones) and let me know what happens then

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back