Heads up: Windows Update

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Windows Media Player 9 Series
Download size: 9.7 MB, 7 minutes
Enjoy fast and flexible music and video playback with Microsoft (r) Windows Media(r) Player 9 Series. Over 120 new features, including Fast Streaming, quicker startup, and smart jukebox features make this the best Player yet. Optimized for Windows XP.

Windows Media 9 Series Codec Install Package
Download size: 823 KB, < 1 minute
The Windows Media 9 Series Codec Install Package is used to install the latest Windows Media codecs. This package can be used as an alternative to automatically downloading Windows Media Codecs, or to correct problems experienced with previously-downloaded codecs.

Q810243: Recommended Update - DirectShow playback support for Windows XP Media Center Edition recorded files
Download size: 587 KB, < 1 minute
This item updates the Stream Buffer Engine (SBE) and Encryptor/Decryptor (EncDec) components released in Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1). Download to use DirectShow to play back files created in Windows XP Media Center Edition. The ability to play back these files with DirectShow depends on the copy protection policy associated with the file.

Windows Movie Maker 2
Download size: 8.1 MB, 6 minutes
Windows® Movie Maker 2 is an update to previous versions of Windows Movie Maker. New features such as a new user interface, wizards, transitions, effects, titles, and AutoMovie make creating home movies easier. Windows Movie Maker 2 also takes advantage of the latest Windows Media® 9 Series audio and video codecs.

Sweet...

I've got the few-month old beta version, and it's been perfect (knock on wood) ever since.

I'm a tad nervous to update to the final version, kinda like a "don't fix what isn't broken" thing...

I guess I'll leave it until I format for some other reason or whatever...

I just downloaded WMP9 - whole shooting match took 5 minutes from the start of the download unitl the end of the install - now I need to find some time to figure it all out!

Download and install went smoothly - let's hope it's operation is as smooth!:eek:

/me tries Movie Maker 2 ...

... been waiting for it for a while :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back