headphones

mike09

OSNN Senior Addict
im looking for a good pair of headphones for gaming and music listening on my computer and on my cd player. i have the selection down to 2 headphones.

the Sony MDR-V900 or the Sennhiesser HD 280 Pro.

the Sennhiesser's are cheaper and got great reviews but also the Sony's got great reviews to. so i leave it up to you, the ntfs community to help me decide. i'm moving toward the Sony's now unless some one here has a pair of either with a review. thanks in advance.

I have a pair of the Sennhiesser HD 202 and they sound excellent!!! The price just plain kicks arse!!!!!!
Id say go for the Sennhiesser's !!!!!!!!!:D

The Sony's may sound a tad better (ear candy) But in my opinion don't sound better enough to compensate the price difference

we bought some $10 sennheisers at a local fry's electronics, just hoping for a decent-for-the-price headphones to use for gaming. but they're one of the best headphones i've used. clear, balanced sound and comfortable, too. i'd say go for the sennheisers.

i'm also anti-sony. :p

Sonys MDR-V series are meant for DJ'ing, I have a pair of 700's myself (£110), definately worth the money for me, but I've tried to use them for general listening, and they just become uncomfortable after an extended period of time.
For general listening (by that I mean not using them in a club :p) you're definately better off with sennheisers, they give a great sound (not quite as good as the sonys, but still good) they cost less, and they are soooooo comfortable to wear. :)

(edit) the 900's look quite comfy actually :D

I would go with the sony's. I have used sony's headphones for dj'ing and playing games on the computer.

i use sony MDR-EX71's ear buds for my zen jukebox and PC gaming, they have 3 sizes of ear cup to fit in the ear canal and block outside noise. one hell of a bassline when there in, and so tiny to carry round. about £30 a bargain.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Sonys MDR-V series are meant for DJ'ing, I have a pair of 700's myself (£110), definately worth the money for me, but I've tried to use them for general listening, and they just become uncomfortable after an extended period of time.
For general listening (by that I mean not using them in a club :p) you're definately better off with sennheisers, they give a great sound (not quite as good as the sonys, but still good) they cost less, and they are soooooo comfortable to wear. :)

(edit) the 900's look quite comfy actually :D

yea thats true. the 700's are over the ear but the 9's over the entire ear covering it. this would lead to a nosie cancelling effect. but from reviews of the 900's say they are the beset things to ever happen.
ahhh.... damn these choices that make me torn. im gonna have to listen to pair of both of these to make my decision.

just remember the "big" headphones drain the batteries of the portable device more than the smaller in the ear solutions, like i said the bassline ripples through my ears and stands up to a 9hz B-line test, with clarity and high volume to boot :) all this from a farty 9mm driver. wtg sony.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back