HDX performance on battery only

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone's got a solution to my problem. Whenever my HDX is running on its battery only, its performance is extremely low compared to when it's connected to the adapter (about 20-25% performance on battery).

This happens even when it's set to "High performance" battery mode. Anyone with an idea as to how I can solve this problem?

I have the same issue with my Dell Inspiron 6400, it seems more sluggish on battery. I think it's just cause the battery, while it's enough to power the device, doesn't have the same amount of power as the AC adapter.

Well both the battery and the AC adapter is 180 watt.

your battery doesn't have a country worth of AC output behind it though :)

True, but the AC adapter is still limited to 180 watts. Does it make use of both the AC adapter and then battery when plugged in then?

i think what he's kinda getting at is that when it's plugged into the AC adapter, it has a constant, never-fading stream of power. Kinda get the feeling that no matter what setting you apply, it will still probably run slower on battery power than when plugged in.

Yeah, but shouldn't it be the same with the battery?

Change your power profile to PERFORMANCE so you get full performance even when on battery instead of throttling for battery life.

Look for POWER options in the control panel.

Good luck :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back