HDTV question.

You won't get a 1080p tv for $500 or less. 1080p is the best there is right now and so you'll pay a premium for that.

Basic cable will probably not get you HD channels. I'm prone to say it definitely won't, but I don't want to chance having to pull my foot out of my mouth. :p

with basic cable can you get hd shows or do you have to have digital?

No.

For Example, I have Comcast, You need to order the HD Package which includes the HD broadcast channels. currently there are 15 channels. also depending on what type of HDTV you have You may need the HD receiver. or in my case My TV has a built in HD Card.

You can still get "Over the Air" HD.

Most high-def channels are in the UHF band (Channels 14 through 83), and almost all the rest are in the VHF high band (Channels 7 through 13). Even if, say, your local ABC station broadcasts regular TV on Channel 2 and lists its HDTV channel as 2-1, it might actually be transmitting it on something like Channel 44.

A good resource for finding out about local high-def channel.
http://hdtvpub.com/local/localarea.cfm

but would certain programs not be in hd. liuke the world cup is brodcast in hd but would i still not get it in hd over basic cable?

but would certain programs not be in hd. liuke the world cup is brodcast in hd but would i still not get it in hd over basic cable?

Like i mentioned in my post, You need to order the HD Package which includes the HD broadcast channels. based on your cable provider. Its costs extra to deliver the signal. based on what the provider has to offer. but if you want to watch HD for free. you can recieve an HD signal. "over the air" with your HDTV. CBS, ABC, NBC..ect.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16882125057

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back