HDMI cable

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
So I bought a LG 32 Inch LCD tv...
Link here
it's listed there for 1699 but I got it for 1399 brand new...no open box or anything...I haggled and showed up prepared!!!!

well that's not my problem. I just got a GE 8' HDMI cable for my HD DVR box from comcast. Does anyone know anything about HDMI cables. I know Monster for 124 dollars aren't worth it, but I'm looking for a good cable. I heard monoprice.com is really good for HDMI cables but I'm just really curious.

Also if anyone has any information about what to set my HD box to 720p or 1080i to get the best picture. Or any advice in general about HD set ups.

btw the picture quality is awesome with component for my dvds but for the DVR box I want to have a simple one cable setup (1 for hdmi as opposed to 5 for component).

any help would be greatly appreciated

Check ou these guys
http://www2.dvigear.com/

or you can do these guys
http://www.impactacoustics.com/index_flash.asp
Both do HDMI without the Monster cost

There should be an access to the DVR menu settings that will let you either pass through an unfiltered setting or adjust the setting to 720p or 1080i. Once you find that just set your tv to same setting.

What is the box you use for Comcast?

I access the DVR menu for the 720p or 1080i settings but I'm just wondering if it's going to be a look and see thing for which one is better or if some people have had success one way or another.

Also both those sites look nice, I'm still thinking about returning my GE cable and getting one from monoprice because some other sites have given them good reviews.

Those two sites are tempting though falcon, thanks

You will have to check and see, ESPN broadcasts in 720p so their broadcast will look better in that setting. As far as the others it's a personal preference really. I only switchwhen I see artifacts come through my cable. Make sure you set the Feed to HDMI on the DVR box.

Will take a look at the HDMI setting in the DVR box...thanks.

I'm also confused cause I'm not sure if I'm seeing digital sparkles out of the GE HDMI cable I bought or not.

What you could be seeing are the limits of analog. If the station you are seeing has not upgraded to a digital broadcast you will see a lot of artifacts and general fuzziness in the picture. This is not your television but the station. True HD broadcasts are really something else, During College football I could not believe the difference in colors as oppsoed to the analog stations. Yay! for March Madness you will have HD just in time.:)

I just got a plain old DVI to HDMI cable off some internet site. Six feet for $10, and it works fine. The video connections of HDMI are electrically identical to DVI; HDMI just has sound included as well.

Also, you can set the resolution, but then if a boradcast is not at that resolution it will not display properly.

The DVR should display it at whatever the best format is for instance if your TV will do 1080i and the channel is in I you will recieve... *drum roll*

1080i THATS CORRRECT...

tell him what hes won: Very nice viewing TV thats what!

:D

Shouldn't make a difference as this is a shielded cable in the first place. The EMF that is emitted would not be substantial enough to show a difference, and if it does the performance would be incrementally small.

I think I'm going to order the 6' without ferrites when it comes into stock. I don't think I'll ever need longer than 6'.

I can't wait for March Madness to come with my HD tv but I'm actually looking to baseball and football in HD a little more.

I'm still really excited about the deal I got on this TV. And the weird thing is the price on the tv keeps going up.

I would go with longer if you can. 6' is kinda short.
I would also set the tv to 1080I or Auto. Most new will do auto automaticly.
the HD box is more than likely set at 1080I.

Depends on placement, the longest cable I have is a 2 meter toslink for my xbox, and that goes to my receiver.

I have another cable that is 8' long and it's way too long, so I think 6 feet is a good size

so I'm on my 2nd HDMI cable and I'm just not seeing that much of a difference. I knew it wasn't going to be that great compared to component but to see no difference or actually see a possible degradation it's upsetting. I got two different cables that were highly regarded on other forums and no real benefit noticed.

It could be worse, you could have spent "Monster" money on them and still be in the same boat, than you'd be really pissed. As far as HDMI goes you will only see a difference if it is done badly. Your cable box should also be set up to Auto display format.

my cable box doesn't have an auto display option. I have to set it to either 1080I, 720P or 480P.

I'm with comcast if that helps at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back