Hdisk to Hdisk App??

B

Bretenn

i wanted to know what program is best to clone a harddisk to another hdisk.... (ntfs)
i'm using norton ghost but i think it is not supported ntfs.....

Ghost supports NTFS, the latest one does anyway.

cool.gif

Ghost in Systemworks 2002 and 2003 bith support NTFS. Other "standalone" versions from 2002 on support NTFS. If you need to check your version go to Symantec's website.

Note one more thing, the version of ghost that doesnot require boot disks (SW 2003), does not work in my opinion. Use MS or PC DOS boot disks to insure success.

I had a similar experience with the no -boot cd ver. as well.
It is making me look into researching a dvd burner ....something I am however willing to wait a little longer for ....let them get the format standardized and then I'll hop on the train.
If you are just ghosting for basic install I think 1 cd ( maybe 2 )
is sufficient ...but if you are backing up partitions of data, I would'nt want to be disc swapping too much ( I'd just assume keep my OS'es on a partitioned master and keep all other data on a Slave drive "safe" from any OS cleaning up I need to do.

Be careful to physically remove the slave drive ( from the middle section of the IDE cable )
I'll tell you why......upon installing setup shifts your drives over one letter to make a temp to put setup files into.
Having only disabled from setup and not physically removed the drive ....setup found my slave and used it as the temp. Upon completion of the install I booted my computer and saw that I still had my "d:" drive, but it only had about 7mb total capacity instead of 40 gigs. I managed to fix that but I almost lost three years of photographs of my son .
That happened on a WinME system so who knows ...better safe than sorry ...Just reattach the slave and reboot .

Grym ( and looking to make my drives dynamic ) blayd

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back