HDD Comparison

• Thread starter Powerchordpunk
  • Start date
P

Powerchordpunk

After seeing this link, (Pricegrabber.com) Tell me which HDD of the three I should buy. The one in the middle is the same as the one on the left except it has FDB (Fluid Dynamic Balance) technology, which makes it super quiet. Thanks.

i'll go ahead and me the other side of this debate. }:>

maxtor's are great harddrives... but tons of people will tell you they swear by WD and have never had a problem with them. the fact is tha the difference between ata100 and ata133 is almost non-existant... and the 'special edition' WD has an 8mb buffer which let's it become one of the fastest ide hd's you can buy.

actually that 8MB buffer really doesn't add much speed at all, maybe like half a second on burst, but once its going there is really nothing that anyone cares about. My WD crashed a year after I got it, so now I'm thinking about the maxtor with fdb. Anyone have maxtors crash?

in a test between ibm's 60gxp, seagate's barracuda IV, and WD's 800JB, the WD outperformed the other 2 drives in every test but seek time, where it came in second. maxtor wasn't in the test, though.. so maybe it doesn't help you much. but it does prove it is a fast drive.

http://www.exhardware.com/reviews.php?Id=88&Page=4

You'll be fine with any one of the three - both WD & Maxtor are top notch drives. These days you just want to try to avoid IBM.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back