HD Problem !!!!!!!!!!!

DragonHeart

OSNN Addict
Hi,

Hope someone can help my Hard Disk was working fine until last night, then this morning it show at boot, Primary Hard Disk Faild and it bios settings its not being recongnized....... its an old HD soo has it given up the ghost ?

Is thier any software on anyway i can get some files off this HD ? as i had some family pics that i didnt back up ( i allways was gonna get round to it lol) but never did ? anything i can try ??? i have another pc i can hook it up too but not sure how to go about trying to resuce files from a dead HD.

Thx in advance for any help................

DragonHeart said:
Hi,

Hope someone can help my Hard Disk was working fine until last night, then this morning it show at boot, Primary Hard Disk Faild and it bios settings its not being recongnized....... its an old HD soo has it given up the ghost ?

Is thier any software on anyway i can get some files off this HD ? as i had some family pics that i didnt back up ( i allways was gonna get round to it lol) but never did ? anything i can try ??? i have another pc i can hook it up too but not sure how to go about trying to resuce files from a dead HD.

Thx in advance for any help................
try putting it in the other pc as a slave disk, if that doesnt work, then it is just a dead drive and you sol

First. Open the case and reseat all the cable connectors at both ends. Then try booting again. During boot enter bios setup to make sure the bios is set to auto detect the drive.

Reboot - If the drive comes up back up what you need immediately.

If that doesn't work: Try to Boot off the diagnostics floppy for the drive or a DOS floppy. (You can download them from the manufacturers web site for the HD and Windows Dos boot disk images are available on the web.) Note the latest HD boot disk may not work for an older HD so look for an older boot floppy to match. I think I still have some of the older WD ones lying around. If you can see the drive data under DOS you can back it up.

Data can be removed from dead HD as long as the platters aren't trashed. But we're taking $$$. Couple hundred last I heard and they usualy don't guarantee results.

I've had some similar hard drive problems recently and my only option to recover the files was to send them to a data recovery service. I called and explained the problem and asked for a price quote. I had a 100gb drive and a 120gb drive. The price they quoted was "anywhere from $250-$3,500 per drive." As someone else said, for all that money they don't even garauntee results.

I've given up and just sent the disks back on their warranty. Sorry to hear about your loss. I guess it sucks to be us.

http://www.downseek.com/download/25390.asp NTFS

http://www.downseek.com/download/25389.asp FAT

try that...

This GetDataBack for NTFS download is licensed as Shareware. GetDataBack for NTFS is designed for the Windows operating system.

GetDataBack for NTFS - Data Recovery Software for NT file systems - GetDataBack is a highly advanced data recovery software, which will help you to get your data back when your drive's partition table, boot record, Master File Table or root directory is corrupt or lost, when a virus has hit the drive, files were deleted, the drive was formatted, or struck by a power failure.
GetDataBack can even recover your data when the drive is no longer recognized by the operating system or not only the root directory, but all directory information is lost.
Advanced algorithms will make sure that all directories and subdirectories are put together as they were, and that long file names are reconstructed correctly.
GetDataBack is safe, because it' s read-only, which means the program will never attempt to write to the drive you are about to recover.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back