HD DVD player

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
I have a ps3, but when I was at frys they had soooooo many good hd DVD movies for cheap....I was thinking getting a cheap/used hd DVD player....any recommendations?

D

Deleted member 86

You should get a blu-ray/hddvd combo drive for your computer. Like the LG's.

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
I was think of one for my pc, but idk, i want to watch the hd dvd on my tv, i would run my pc to my tv, but...meh...idk! The only advantage for the oc drive is making rips for my ps3...but i can do that via linux on the ps3 already...its all up in the air still

LordOfLA

Godlike!
if you have an xbox360 see if you can pick up its hd-dvd drive cheap still. else you'll want a combo drive for your PC and plug the pc in to the tv.

D

Deleted member 86

Yea those are really your two options, not much left for HDDVD :)

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
yea i know, i dont have a 360 and dont want one, the 360 drive will work in a pc right?

LordOfLA

Godlike!
well you can try it. buth the LG blu-ray/hddvd reader combos are rapidly reducing in cost and just work when you plug them in. They have the advangate of making your PC a better blu-ray player than the ps3 as well :)

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
well you can try it. buth the LG blu-ray/hddvd reader combos are rapidly reducing in cost and just work when you plug them in. They have the advangate of making your PC a better blu-ray player than the ps3 as well :)
Good call they range from $110 to $150!

If i was to connect my pc to my tv, which would be the best way? My video card is the 8800GTS SSC, no hdmi but a DVI to HDMI would work ok right?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
Shouldnt matter on the length of the cable?? Whats the max resolution i can get from doing this?

LordOfLA

Godlike!
it'll be the max that your TV supporrts on dvi/hdmi input.

I get 1920x1080i from my 8800GT since thats all the TV does.

LordOfLA

Godlike!
ofcourse :) You won't see the difference betweeen 1080i and 1080p unless you get up close with a magnifying glass to see the interlacing :)

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
IDK i may sit real real real real close to my tv..JK thanks for the info

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Why not just look for a used cheap HD unit on Amazon or Ebay to go with the cheap HD's?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
thats the point, is snagging a bunch of $5 hd dvds from frys, ill prob go with the combo, can also make killer rips for my ps3!!

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did :(
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogerbetty