having probs with nvida geforce2 go

• Thread starter original delboy
  • Start date
O

original delboy

Hi peeps just got my dell inspiron 8100 very nice...now this is what the problem is every now and then my screen locks up when just browsing the net or just using the laptop...it then comes with a error report saying that nvida gforce2 go graphics card is the cause of the problem...what should i do??

thx

sounds like a driver problem make sure you have the latest drivers from nvida. also just as a precaution check your CPU temperature

Hi sowee for sounding like a fool but how do i knw which driver that would be..can anyone provide a link please?? its a nvida geforce2 go graphics card.
Also how do i check the temperature./..and what should it be..

many thx

latest nvida drivers for xp can be found here

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000

cpu temp can be usualy found in your bios. and theres several applciations that do it, just search for temperature monitor

there is no "normal" but most people report about 30-50c depending on system and cpu etc

hi thx 4 reply..but where does it say nvida geforce2 go driver..? just being cautious as its my new dell laptop aand i dont wana mess it up thx.

Originally posted by Khayman
latest nvida drivers for xp can be found here

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000

cpu temp can be usualy found in your bios. and theres several applciations that do it, just search for temperature monitor

there is no "normal" but most people report about 30-50c depending on system and cpu etc
dont use that driver. This is a big problem with the inspiron 8100. You should read the Dell Talk forums about this. I havent had an error since i flashed my BIOS to version A08 and upgraded to the latest dell provided drivers for xp (16.40 i think). You can find instructions for that here

If you already know what you are doing then you can just download them from dell and install them. Otherwise read through the forum that I just posted.

nvida use the same Detonator drivers for all their products, if you want go here

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=geforce2go

which is the page fo geforce2 go and click drivers on the left hand side then windows XP/2000 and you'll come to the same page

from their page

"Detonator XP provides a free performance upgrade for your Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), including the TNT, GeForce2, and GeForce3 families of GPUs"

Originally posted by Khayman
nvida use the same Detonator drivers for all their products, if you want go here

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=geforce2go

which is the page fo geforce2 go and click drivers on the left hand side then windows XP/2000 and you'll come to the same page

from their page

"Detonator XP provides a free performance upgrade for your Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), including the TNT, GeForce2, and GeForce3 families of GPUs"

ill say this again...dont use the drivers other than the ones provided by dell. Make sure you update to the latest bios first

Kida paji..can u tell me how to update the latest bios..? and how do i do it and where can i get it from..i went to the dells site and seen the nvida drivers but like you said i must do the bios..can you tell me how plz.
And which one to get nvida driver from dell site

thx.

kidda Ji

you can get the bios update here and the video driver here . You should find instructions in a readme file or something when you download them, but if you dont just post back here and ill tell you how. Make sure you update the bios first and then the video driver. One thing to note is that there are a lot of issues fixed in this version of the bios, but one annoying thing is that the fans will come on at full speed for a few seconds(loud). You should install the update anyway though.

Amar Singh

Thx paji for you help mate much appreciated! i am downloading them so will let u knw how i get on.
I just got my inspiron 8100 today..and it kept locking up..the problem being the graphics card....so i hope this rectifies it.

can u tell me what the keys on the left are near the power button...i thought the 2 nxt to it looked like volume keys but it doesn't control the volume...what are the other ones for...

thx...

apna email addy munu tusi deyo!!

The bios and driver updates should fix your problem. They did for me.

Those keys are volume control....if they dont work, download the dell access direct software here . They other keys are customizable to launch certain programs and websites. I love this laptop!

asdeol@home.com

If it's a laptop, you should get the drivers directly from the manufacturer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back