Having Probs w/ SONY DRX-710UL

kingofallcards

OSNN Newbie
I just got this DVD burner. Having problems getting a DVD to play. I updated the NERO software with all the uppadtes at that website. At first the DVD wouldn't play at all. Now it will play but starts and stops, choppy may describe the condition. It plays 1 second of movie while the sound plays then skips ahead to catch up with sound then plays one more second of movie all while paused for about 2 seconds. Can anyone suggest some ideas?

Clean the DVD and make sure it isn't scratched. Is the DVD a commercial press or home burned?

If it's commercial, cleaned and scratch free return the burner.

If it's a home burn see if it will play in the bruner it was made with. And try a commercial DVD in the Sony. If a commercial DVD won't play return the Sony.

The DVD is a commercial DVD. I guess I should have explained a little more. The DVD wouldn't play at all before I updated the NEro software. I was having Direct Draw problems before the updates. Now, I have the start stop/choppy problem. I really think it has something to do with my settings. I do not understand the run speeds of the DVD player and all those type of things. I was looking for some suggestions to that effect??

Even the OEM version of nero that comes bundled with drives should automatically play any commercial DVD inserted. It's not settings. Itis the hardware or the device drivers.

Go to add/remove programs. Uninstall nero.
Go to Device Manager and uninstall the new burner.

Reboot. There should be a notice that new hardware is found / being installed. Now follow the prompts. It may tell you to reboot again.

Now reinstall Nero.

If the playback is still choppy its RMA time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back