Having problems installing Office Service Pack 2

kjrl

OSNN Newbie
have a issue with Microsoft Office 2003 and SP2 upgrade which did not work.

Currently do have Windows Installer 3.1 Version 3.01.4000.2435 (and I have followed instructions and installed 3.1 Redistributable (v2)"

Tried then to run a Full file Office 2003 SP2 (which immediately told me, that it could not)

Re: MS Office Service Pack 2 - NOT WORKING and Microsoft is not help

Have you tired updating it from the office update website? http://www.microsoft/com/office

More information of the error message(s) you get would help diagnose the problem, or screenshots? :)

What is the specific error you are receiving when applying the service pack? Is your copy of Office fully legit?

What is the specific error you are receiving when applying the service pack? Is your copy of Office fully legit?

As to Fully legit copy, yes, its a cpy from Midrosoft.... Professional Edition 2003..

Please post the error or a screenshot of the error :)

see the attached screen shots

I also have "Windows Installer 3.1 Version 3.01.4000.2435" Per Support.microsoft.com/kb/906323

Attachments

• Sample - detect and repair - message.doc
    126.5 KB · Views: 88
  • sample during update.doc
    122.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Sample from Control Pannel.doc
    109 KB · Views: 88
Sounds like the installer you downloaded got corrupted. As above do the update live or download the installer again.

Sounds like the installer you downloaded got corrupted. As above do the update live or download the installer again.
which installer is best ??

3.01.4000.1830 included in SP!

or 3.01.4000.2435 same as above, but with a fix in it...

Also,

as in 906323

I have applied this...Download the Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2) package now. (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C)

Also,

as in 906323

I have applied this...Download the Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2) package now. (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C)
I just now at 11:23 CT, updated the windows Installer again... now at .2435 ...and just tired the SP2 full upgrade...and did not allow anything...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reinstall Office 2003 Professional over your current installation. That will repair the installer packages that are now corrupt. Prior to running Office, install SP2 and any updates from Microsoft Update.

Reinstall Office 2003 Professional over your current installation. That will repair the installer packages that are now corrupt. Prior to running Office, install SP2 and any updates from Microsoft Update.

that did not work

You will need to uninstall office manually and remove all the traces in the registry its a rough job to do and not easy to find al the strings needed to uninstall it properly , I have seen office so badly screwed up at one time and almost impossible to fix, try this

go back with system restore as far back as you can remember when office was ok and try from there.

Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from Microsoft. That will remove it from the registry.

You will need to uninstall office manually and remove all the traces in the registry its a rough job to do and not easy to find al the strings needed to uninstall it properly , I have seen office so badly screwed up at one time and almost impossible to fix, try this

go back with system restore as far back as you can remember when office was ok and try from there.
Good evening

Tried to remove office 2003 - now, then ran Windows Installer Cleanup Utility...and tried to then Install office 2003... and now... I cannot load the office 2003 from the install disk..

My problem is Windows Installer - Does anyone know if I can

remove "Windows Installer" completely..and then REINSTALL that tool???

Office Update is unable to check for updates
The Office Update site is unable to check for updates on this computer. This may be happening because of one of the following reasons:

You do not have administrative privileges for this computer.
There is a network problem and the detection catalog used by the Office Update site failed to download. Go back to the Downloads home page and try running detection again.
Windows Installer patch files (.MSP files) from previously applied Office updates are missing from the \Windows\Installer hidden directory on your computer. MSP files are stored on your computer after update installation completes because they need to be referenced for future update operations. If the files are missing you will not be able to apply Office updates. You may also be unable to uninstall Office products as a result of the same problem. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for assistance.
You installed Office updates in the past and then upgraded from Windows Installer version 1.0 to Windows Installer version 1.1. For more information see the KB article Windows Installer May Prompt for Install Source if Unavailable.

Search for Office updates in the Download Catalog

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back