Having a phone line problem...

P

phr33k

Hey guys. I really hope you can help me out.

You see, I'm having a very serious problem with my phones in my house. I have two lines, one for phone use and the other for dedicated dial-up. You see what happens is when someone else picks up the other phone on the other line to dial a number, my other line either disconnectes from the net or lags HORRIBLY for about 2-3 minutes.

My question is: Is there anything I can buy, or anything I can do to stop this problem? I'm thinking it might have something to do with the line wiring that was installed, but I'm not completely sure. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

If you have inside wiring coverage from your phone company, complain, & have them come wire you a dedicated jack straight from the NID (the box on the side of your house). You could try and re-wire it yourself but the phone company doesn't like customers opening up the NID.

maybe u need a microfilter to connect to the phone so as to solve linedrop problems

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back