Having 2 10,000 RPM drives in a RAID 0

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
It is my same old build (built it last year) with a little sugar thrown on it now.

What do you suggest that I use for benchmarks?

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
yessir. I don't know how much the speed is the new XP install though, so I will have to keep testing.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I am very happy with my Raptor X RAID 0 configuration. I can't wait to see how Vista performs on it (I need better driver support first).

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I plan on waiting a long time before upgrading to Vista. I had a lot of problems in games and stuff and am kind of hesitant to upgrade.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
yeh you will be running faster with a new install, im going through that at the mo as windows has only been on 5 days now.
would like to see benchmarks tho as a m8 has 1 raptor and is toying with the idea of 2 in raid 0 as he has fubard his new install already

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
haha,
I was looking into dual raptors, i decided not till i build a completely new machine.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
glad i only spent £100 on my 2 maxtor drives, i just got 120mb/s on mine :)

not bad for 2 maxtors. i thought you would have scored higher than me but i assume the motherboards holding the raid back ?

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
that's what it looks like. I will have to look into getting a dedicated RAID controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda99