Have you got AMD or Intel CPU

I use AMD for workstations and Intel for servers (Voted for AMD cause I use them as my primary PC)

I have a AMD XP 1700+, XP 1600+, a K6/2 533 desktop and a K6/2 333 laptop.

My two linux servers are Pentium-MMX 166 and and Pentium II 350

Also somewhere buried in the basement i have an Apple museum that includes a Macintosh Plus (busted keyboard), Macintosh 6116CD, and an Apple IIe (busted keyboard), except for the keyboards, all are in perfect working condition. And yes, I used to be one of those die hard PC bashing Mac Addicts :D

JJB6486

AMD, Intel are overpriced and underpowered.

My Route

ZX81
Amstrad CPC 464
Atari 1030XE
Atari ST, 4MB and a Hard disk and a CD rom ( single speed) !!!!
Intel DX266
Intel Pentium 100
Intel Pentium 120 ( was it worth the upgrade :rolleyes: )
AMD k6 200
AMD k62 350
AMD k63 550
AMD Duron 800
AMD Athlon 1000
AMD Athlon 1200 ( Now owned by Gothic :D )
AMD Athlon XP 1500

I have two computers, AMD 1.4 & AMD 900, both are the best. I will probably upgrade when the new AMD .13-micron process Thoroughbreds are released, next month I believe. I can't wait...

HOW THE HELL DOES INTEL STAY IN BUSSINESS...NOBODY HAS THEIR CHIP !!!!!!!

Originally posted by dealer
HOW THE HELL DOES INTEL STAY IN BUSSINESS...NOBODY HAS THEIR CHIP !!!!!!!

AMD= More bang for the buck.

AMD T-Bird 1.2 running @ 1.4

Athlon slot A 500 resolder to 950 (950 core) still going strong.
:D :D

just wondering cooldip...do you notice a differance in performance worth the effort in overclocking your tbird?,..only being sa 20%increase?

See my sig. My first computer was an 486DX33 only Intel I ever owned.

Next

AMD K6 350
AMD Athlon 1 ghz my kids love it
Amd Atlon XP 1700+ my new speed demon

Peace

dealer No not really. I didn't even compair. I over clocked because it was there. Been doing it with every Athlon and Bird I have had.

My last Intel was a Celery 300A @450 as I recall. Remember it was Intell who said the max on FSB was 66MHz. :D :D :D

God I love Intel. I use to pay top dollar for their crap until AMD got into the game with the Athlon.

Amd Thunderbird 1.4 Ghz .. not overclocked and works just perfect .

Originally posted by cooldip
dealer No not really. I didn't even compair. I over clocked because it was there. Been doing it with every Athlon and Bird I have had.

I didn't think it would be noticeable with most processes, tbird is so efficient, at 1.2, .a .2 gig differance shouldn't be that noticeable...thanx

dealer

I can't really tell that much difference between the old classic and the bird. That was a 800 and not a 500 that was resoldered to 950. I know the Classic has the slower 800 cache on it and not the 950. But damn, fast is fast, so with me it is the bucks I am spending. Its not like tha old days when you spent bundle of cash to go from 133 to 150MHg. or even 166 :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back