have you ever?

• Thread starter *~*Insolence*~*
  • Start date
I

*~*Insolence*~*

downloaded something and then when you try to delete it and it wont becasue an error window pops up and tells you another program might be using it...even though you know for a fact that its not?

well this has happened to me twice since ive had XP...i try and try to delete it but its just not gonna happen...so if anybody here could help me out it would be great

Couple of ideas for you -

Boot up in SafeMode and delete?
Or
System restore to a previous time?

use taskmgr to close explorer & any other non essential programs- browse to the file you want to delete using the lookin drop down menu - now try & delete it from within that window.

dont terminate explorer without restarting it again.

kill it then revive it.

Kill the other programs and some of the processes then try to remove it

dont terminate explorer without restarting it again.

why I do it all the time ???? - (especially when playing games) - to restart explorer / new task & type explorer / OK

how else can you delete a file that explorer insists on using ?

A quick way that usually works is to just log off and then log back on. I have found that 9 times out of 10 this will let you delete the file.

its a file that i got from kazaa lite...its a music video (well it was supposed to be)...and logging off and on wont help becasue its been on my computer for about a week now and it still doenst delete...a friend of mine has the same problem on his computer...but its with an FTP program...so if you guys have any other ideas that would be great

did u try this ?
use taskmgr to close explorer & any other non essential programs- browse to the file you want to delete using the lookin drop down menu - now try & delete it from within that window.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back