Have we lost our reputations?

Can everyone please stop asking for reputation points, not just in this thread, but on the forums in general, it really does defeat the point of having the system in place when people are basically saying "I just helped you, give me some points".

So please, stop asking, if someone thinks that you deserve it, then you will be given them.

SPeedY_B said:
Can everyone please stop asking for reputation points, not just in this thread, but on the forums in general, it really does defeat the point of having the system in place when people are basically saying "I just helped you, give me some points".

So please, stop asking, if someone thinks that you deserve it, then you will be given them.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you!
grin.gif

I agree for the most part, Speedy, but not completely. There have been two instances where I asked a member for rep points if they felt I deserved them. Both cases involved new members who may not have been familiar with the system, and in both cases I had solved a problem for the member. I don't think I was in the wrong in these cases. NetRyder, Henyman and myself (AFAIK) all "advertise" the system in our sigs, but people (including myself) often skip over sigs altogether. In certain cases I don't think it hurts to be brought up, especially in the case of newer members.

I do mostly agree with you though. I have to admit that I asked for points for solving a riddle, on account of seeing that others had received points for solving it as well. I don't think it was right for me to ask for the points, and I don't think it was right for anyone to receive points for solving the riddle either. That isn't what the rep system is intended for. For the most part, I think that anyone who has received rep points on account of this thread should have them removed, because those points weren't "earned" for the intended reasons.

I completely support the reputation system and think that it's a great thing. I don't think it's getting out-of-hand either, maybe just a bit off-course the past few days. Anyway, that's my opinion on it all. Thanks for reading. ;) :)

Negative reputations are now gone.
No one will recieve negative reputations.
Unless... you pay me to go to the database and do it.

Electronic Punk said:
Negative reputations are now gone.
No one will recieve negative reputations.
Unless... you pay me to go to the database and do it.

Very nice. Thank you
grin.gif

Damn... I got 13 members that gave me rep points, but since their rep power is errrrr, as basic as it gets :p I get only a point a piece. Bahhhh. :( :p

Yeah, I think EP made that change... not sure why though? :confused:

it made sense at the time. they needed resetting anyway from when we had a play with them before. Note that its still more rep. than alot of users and it will be build up over time (which means I will have to redo the boundaries at some stage :p

What you get different rep points depending on how many the user giving a point has?

ming said:
What you get different rep points depending on how many the user giving a point has?
And how many posts they have made to the forums. The more you post the better your reputation. Or so Henyman would tell you!;)

rushm001 said:
And how many posts they have made to the forums. The more you post the better your reputation. Or so Henyman would tell you!;)
I dun beleeeeve. :)

:p

one thing i noticed was that i have a new member with 2 posts some rep point cus they deserved them, they went from grey to 2 green blobs!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back