have this happen to any1 else?

I

iForceTundra

i just installed Windows XP , NTFS

and as soon as i finsished it, i looked at how much space i have left.

3.13 gig free
5.98 gig total size

is this normal , xp OS taking up this much space?

its on a Dell Latitude Cpxj 650GT

XP requires alot of hard drive space and depending on your page file it is easy to use up that much space easily. How much ram do you have?

I only recommend installing XP if you have 10gb or more.. the OS is a huge beast.. and the pagefile can take up quite a bit of room.. plus if you only have 5gb drive.. then after the os install you can probbibly install 1 game and 4 of your favorite mp3's

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1.2ghz Athlon T-Bird
Asus A7V Mainboard
Asus GeForce-3 v8200
512mb PC-133 Memmory
Over 140gb HD Space
SBLive!
And Various Other Stuff

logo.jpg

Originally posted by iForceTundra
P3 650mhz
128mb RAM
You have my sympathy. One can barely run XP with 256MB of RAM, to any reasonable degree of performance. Get more memory ASAP!

Leo

user account

i also noticed that my user account is taking up about 3gb. so it could be a combination of both win xp and ur user account.

you could always reduce system restore space, turn off hybernation and maybe tweak your pagefile.

They are the 3 biggest hdd eaters :p

I beg your pardon..

Leokor,

You must have had some slowass equiptment if you say XP barely runs with 256MB. My second computer has 256MB of DDR, and I manage to run Win XP Pro, eDOnkey2000, SETI, a .BAT file for my UT server and AOL 7.0 all at the same time and can app switch lightning fast (ALT+TAB), not to mention Styles XP is keeping the background pretty and Norton Antivirus 2002 Pro in the background.

Maybe 256MB of EDO SIMMs wont run XP pro, but DDR works just fine. Knowwaddimean?:eek:

yeah XP hoons on 256 which is what I have here in a celeron.

its plenty.

I have several copies of IE running, icq, net meter, download manager, popup stopper, irc, task manager, a divx movie....still got 128 meg free ram

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back