Have another problem....

A

AlphA_ExT

This is a recent problem. I can't install some stuff. I think it is specifically one installer which I can't install from. It just stops on zero percent done and doesn't do anything until it has to be closed. Just tried installing The sum of all fears demo and it doesn't work. Tried a few other things..like demos still doesn't work. This is really getting annoying. Btw, I think it's install shield wizard thing that doesn't work or whatever. any suggestions?

post this in the xp applications forum next time, because this doesnt relate to front page news.

in regards to your problem, i've encountered similar things but not in xp. what are you trying to install?

maybe you have a bad copy,
maybe your system is hanging the process?

hmm...

Hmm.. I found this interesting article at

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?pcode=ALL&articleid=Q106116

Pretty much what it tells me that it is my system and that any install shield wizard whether I'm trying to install GTAIII or just Ghost Recon won't work. Okay let me ask you all this then, I was messing around with the page file and it's listed in the knowledge. Can anyone tell me what's your page file set to because mines' set to 1024 on my c drive. I have 3 partions and they are C: D: and G:.

Your page file needs to be no where that big unless you have 512meg of RAM.

Your pagefile technically is only meant to be double the amount of RAM that your system has so for example, a system with 128meg of RAM only needs a page file sized 256meg.

Also, check the processes window for 2 copies of "setup" running. That sometimes happens and causes it to hang and also how long have you left it because sometimes when i'v installed applications before it hangs on 99% for about 5 minuets before actually continuing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back