have an old labtop

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
hi i think i have a 100mhz or 133mhz pentium labtop. does any1 know any games that can run on it besides heartz and solitare and what not...

and do yo uthink even if a game requires 166/233mhz or something is there a way i can still play it?????

Quake1 requires something like a 66mhz cpu and 8mb of memory
Quake2 requires 90mhz and 16mb
I only remember these because i remember playing them on my 486 :)

But it would make a nice Slackware or FreeBSD machine, Old machines always do :)

Ooooh, Descent, i had that too! Classic :D
Erm, Alone in the dark 1 and 2 aswell.

Aaah, 486 memories :)

Doom, Warcraft, Need for Speed 1 and 2, Linux!

DOOM!!!!!
More 486 memories, I remember when we had a family computer, and it was in the kitchen (damn our old house was strange :p ) and i played Doom2 right the way through :D
Can't say I ever played need for speed on it tho.
As for linux...FreeBSD...better :p

Man, doom is awsome.

Speaking of, I have a really, really large archive of DOS games, old school, really. If anyone wants it, give me a PM :)

It's not warez! ;)

I might :) I'll check. Never played really old games, I'm too young :D

wait i know linux is a operating system, but what really is it? how does it load, how does it look like, whats its compatibilities. i tried searchign on google but you guys are better at explaining;)

lol what i meant is i know all games can't be played on linux. so what good games can be supported on the os. and if you could, send me a link or pics of the screenshot of the desktop of linux. i want to see if it has a start bar and stuf.

i don't think i can download linux on my laptop b/c it requires 64mb of ram and i don't think i have that much on the laptop. i think i have 32 but i will check anway soon.

You can run "Linux" on 4mb of ram.
It depends what distribution you use, and if you run X or not.

I mean any reason for wanting SuSe ?
the reason i ask is because its one of few distro's that actually aren't free, and i highly doubt 8.1 would run on the laptop you have.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back