Haunted?

B

bluerave

Im having problems with my computer starting up by itself. Ive gotten a new power cord, new power surger, and had it checked by a "professional" and no one knows why its doing this. Anyone have a clue?

eh - starting up automatically ?

you sure u SHUT IT DOWN ? not just standby or something ?

Do u use a surge protector ?

is the time it takes to restart always the same... or does it differ ?

If you know how to mess with bios/cmos go through it look for an option to do with timing...
if u don't then reset bios to default...

MdSalih

weird

yes, it is shut down all the way. It says windows is shutting down, and the power completely goes out. I unplugged it just to make sure, then plugged back in. It just starts up, I see my Compaq logo, then the little status bar, it takes the exact same amount of time to boot, then i get the user screen.

I didnt see anything about timing in the bios, but i set it to default, but the thing still starts up.

I do use a surge protector, and ive replaced it and tried using others, even different power cords and such. I have to either unplug it or turn it off from the back, but when I do that it always runs scandisk and says windows wasnt shut down properly.

Ehh, do you use a modem? I know some of those can turn on the pc automatically (some wake on shit I believe:) ). A friend of mine have XP, and when someone was trying to dialing him, the modem turned on the PC! Crazy it is, but it's worth a check!

Check your BIOS and make sure all the Wake-on options are disabled, if it still happens you may have a short in the power supply or on the motherboard.

Originally posted by pc_tek
ok this is a dumb joke between highwind7777 and I:

Ok first, place your PC in the middle of a floor. Turn out every light in the house. Place one small blood scented candle on the computer. Light the candle then immediately place a black lamp shade over it to smother out the light. Get on your knees and start chanting.... "oh PC oh PC do what I want you to do". But beware, you got to yell this at the top of your lungs or it doesnt work.

After all of that, plug the PC back in, and it will do what you want it to. If not, box it up and send it to me. OK?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back