Haunted computer??

A

Ace123

I was laying on my couch heart broken because my gf of 2 years
left me for some other guy when I said out loud. I have nobody in the world to talk to. At that exact moment I hear my monitor flick on and my computer booted up and the sound of windows chimed from the speakers I had switched off. They had aparently turned on along with my cable modem that had switched itself on.
I know the computer was off because my dad had *****ed about the electricity bill being so high and ordered that the computers and lights all be turned off before we all go to bed. So i miticulously made sure that every part of the system was turned off. Even the speakers which might I add turn on with a nob. Now Im affraid of my computer.

Haunted computer
or
Loving machine?

I have put more time and money into my computer than anything else in a long time and am constantly buying it new things and making plans for it as Im building it in the forums but How could a system compleatly turn itself on and boot up fully. Nobs switches buttons and everything?

tell me what you think

OK Ace123 put the bottle down & go to bed. :D

If that was my computer it would now be in a heap in the street. :eek:

Couple of weeks ago my computer spoke for no reason.Don't know what it said cause I was in the other room and couldn't make it out..Scared the hell out of me:eek:

Couple of weeks ago my computer spoke for no reason.Don't know what it said cause I was in the other room and couldn't make it out..Scared the hell out of me

How bizzarre Evil One - talking about haunted computers and as I write this your post count is exactly 666... :eek:

Back to topic though, amplified sound systems 'speak' all the time. Basically what happens is that a cabbie nearby or even a passing aircraft zaps on his radio and the signal is so strong or vectored in exactly the right way that it breaks into the amplifiers circuit and just pop's outta the speakers!!!

But you're right the first time I heard this it scared the pants off me!!

Mubbers

Sounds like that movie "Christine" (I think that's the name) where the old Chevy is the new girlfriend.

Sorry bout the gf...Hope you computer doesn't start knockin' off any future girls:eek:

Who knows. Maybe it would be a good thing if it killed off all my next girlfreinds lol. I can't seem to find a girl thats honest and faithful. Beginning to think there arnt any left. What kind of radio wave from a jet turns on a computer.... and a cable modem.. and a pair of speakers... and a monitor... lol. Im really wondering about this thing. Also its a cold starting sob. It will never fully boot up on the first time when you turn it on. No its like an old chevy. I gotta start it up a second time to get it going. Then it has to warm up for a minute and bang its ready to go lol. I put it in gear and go.

its time to give that computer the loving that both of you need

my advice

look for the amateurs that resemble your ex

lol!!!!

once, I was going to school, and my PC turned on, then I found out, on by keyboard was enabled!

maybe you had that power on by time thing in the bios, it coul also have been a mass power spike, which fluxed into the PSU and triggered the PowerOn after Power Failure in the BIOS.

Or you need to call the X-Files people, could have been UFOs hearing your plight and knowing the vast community of caring users out in XP-erience that they turned on your PC for you.
You should have been really worried if IE opened to xp-erience.org and your IRC client started and joined to #xperience.

One time, I was just sitting there in front of my computer and the wildest thing just happened. The moniter went black.... I sat there pondering for a moment then moved the mouse and to my amazement the monitor came back to life. Wierd eh? I don't know if this has happened to any one else, but man it is freaky.

But seriously guys that turning on by itself thing is crazy. Dude toss it in the rubbish can.

Good luck with all that.

Originally posted by madmax1345
One time, I was just sitting there in front of my computer and the wildest thing just happened. The moniter went black.... I sat there pondering for a moment then moved the mouse and to my amazement the monitor came back to life. Wierd eh? I don't know if this has happened to any one else, but man it is freaky.

It is called Standby, duh!

" It is called Standby, duh! "

:::laughing hard ::: Oh Sh*t, I just spit out all the water I was drinking...that is seriously funny, I can't figure out which post is funnier, Zanwar's or that tibbit madmax posted

Just doing my part to add some comic relief to our day. :)

I get comic relief everytime I see Nick M's avatar it is classic
I am glad he is a mass poster, get to see the avatar more often.

I didn't try to mean a bit harsh madmax1345, i just said it in sarcasm!

good one man. Now hes not gonna post on my threads any longer.. Lol oh well I have nicks avatar lol. Computers still doesnt start up fully on the first boot lol. Should I adjust the carburator. Or check the spark plug gap? lol No seriously its just like an old chevy. Really fast when its running. Hard to start on cold mornings lol.

Geffy and Ace, you guys are funny.

Ace your computer sounds buggered!

lol Geffy, like the avatar? :)

Works just fine any ol other time. Just does some weird things sometimes lol

Yeah. Nick M gotta love that avatar

Ace123, I think that your PC just needs some TLC, maybe a good blow .... of the dust out of it, so it aint dusty, and maybe a reseating of the cables.

Also if they hear that you are planning to upgrade it seems that start actin all nice, as they are hopin you wont do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back