Has Win Update already blocked...

H

hawk

I am just wondering if Windows Update has already blocked the "illegal" key. I can still access it and I don't use the key anymore but I did at one time. I want to know if the key I am using is fine and that I will have no trouble with service pack 1. Thanks.

Didn't really answer my question. Can someone offer an answer?
Thanks.

Yes and no... you can still run it but it locks you out of your computer. read my thread "wierd error message"

Ok, but someone else said they were already blocked out of Windows Update and I wanted to see if anyone else using the same key had the same problem. I for one am not blocked out, but I am not able to install sp1 beta. It cancels itself when "verifying" everything but gives no mention of my using pirated software so I don't know. Anyone have any ideas?

check your process list for "updater" after it copies everything it just disappears and takes about 5 mins to actually finish

huh, are you saying that after it "verifies" and gives me the cancelled dialog box, I should wait and not close the dialog box? Or are you saying that if I see update.exe which I see when I open sp1express.exe initially, after I close sp1express, then I have a crap key? I don't get what you're saying, but either way, I can't install sp1.

Oh i didnt know it gave you the canceled box. Then i guess youd better read the article on the front page

the thing is that I am using a legit MSDN key now and it is in my registry as my key and its not as though I get a piracy dialog box which I thought everyone who has the illegit key is getting. I can still access Windows Update and don't really feel like messing around with my registry anymore than I have to. If once I try to install the FINAL version of sp1, I get an error, then I will take such measures.

Id wait for the final release... i had the beta and i was very underwhelmed.. it screwed up my search assisiant and Ie had some bugs.... and style xp is incompatable but thats not because of the beta version

MS announced that broadband users with a GOOD legit version are getting bounced out too.

http://www.freetune.com/extras/broken_updates.htm

Look for the broadband fix. Since MS is letting the OEM RTM SP1 out of the barn this month at the end (I suspect the current version some of us have is IT) of June now you need a working broad band connection it is huge.

---Rich

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back