Has my hard drive gone bad?

S

sabwafare2001

I have 2 hardrives, dvd and cdrw drives. The one on the secodary master makes a clicking noise at random. I restarted my computer and I enabed this S.M.A.R.T. opinion thats in the BIOS. It reported that the status was bad and I needed to replace it. I ran disk check and asked it to fix any errors ( which Ihad to restart my computer again ) and the S.M.A.R.T. reported no errors and that the status was ok. So has my hard drive gone bad?

This might not be the case for you but the 2 times I've had HDD's click for me, they died shortly after. It could have just been a bad sector was fix when you rad disk check.

Uh oh, clicking sounds are rarely good. I would make a backup of any data you may have on it as soon as you can (if possible). If it wont boot anymore, try making it the slave on another system just to get any data off it before it goes totally bad.

Make sure the cables are fitted snugly. Also check the wires that clip into the plug. Loose cables & wires also make a clicking noise. Power on power off power on power off. Also a good way to kill the hard drive. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back