Has anyone had this problem?

celticfan11

OSNN Senior Addict
After installing the nvidia 77.72 drivers i get a problem. All video files i play wether it is in WMP or VLC player, i get a fuzzy image. I first thought it was codecs, so after a few hours of tearing out hair i reinstalled windows. installed my codecs and everything worked fine. I then installed the nvidia drivers and other stuff. I then tried playing the movie files again and all my movies were fuzzy and messed up. I reinstalled older drivers from nvidia, and the problem was gone. So my question is:

Has anyone else had any problems with the 77.72 nvidia drivers?

Exactly same problem here. The drivers supplied with my NVidia card work fine. Latest drivers aren't always a 'must have'. If the ones you have do the job stick with them.That's true of all device drivers -- newer doesn't necessarily mean better.

had same problem as have alot of people just unistall them and go back to the other ones.

I was having similar issues after I install the 77.72 drivers running my Gefore 6600 and went back to the 66.93 drivers. I had been having some sluggishness with FarCry. In the description at Guru3D it doesn't give much of a description here except the 77.72 provide support for GeForce 7800 GTX and GeForce 6200 AGP.

Just turn down the saturation in the control panel!!!!!

Last edited:
Did you toy with your hardware acceleration?

Go To Start -> Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot

On some machines with onboard video that don't use it, I turn this down entirely anyways just for better performance. These are for people who do basic e-mail and web surfing. Since you are a gamer, obviously that is not an option. If you can't get a reliable setting, just stick with the 2nd most-recent driver.

Was the image fuzzy on the video files as well as the rest of your screen (like the desktop or web) when the files were playing?

zeke_mo said:
Just turn down the saturation in the control panel!!!!!

Easier than that, just select global settings in colour and select apply. MY colours is PowerDVD were mad before, I am having other video issues... but this release came out at the same time as Purevideo so it is obvious that they have been playing around with that side of things

Yeah, in the drop down menu for "Apply color changed to" you can just put it on all and it will work. What was nvidia thinking :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back