Has anyone ever used/tested this program?...

I remember using something similar (if not a previous version) to that. It does reduce the cpu temp, but at the cost of processing time and frustration. :p
The way it reduces the temp is by halting processes going through the cpu for a set time limit (i.e. system freezes for a few secs) so that the cpu can cool down before continuing its work.

Hi ming...Thanks for the reply. I was thinking it was a bit too good to be true. I knew it would have to "sacrifice" something in order to get that temp down.

Thanks from Colin. :)

No probs...
It makes absolutely no difference to the temp when you're only doing the odd word processing because that does not raise the temp too much, but when it comes to games.. you'll notice it a lot and it does become VERY annoying. :p
It's like experiencing a massive lag every 5 or so minutes.

ming said:
No probs...
It makes absolutely no difference to the temp when you're only doing the odd word processing because that does not raise the temp too much, but when it comes to games.. you'll notice it a lot and it does become VERY annoying. :p
It's like experiencing a massive lag every 5 or so minutes.

:eek: Don't fancy that at all...I'm definately not installing it now...Thanks again Colin.

Its actually a good program.
It doesn't eat up processor time, it only takes cpu cycles from the System Idle Process, in which, instead of sending redundant data through the processor (like System Idle Process does) it doesn't send anything through, gives your processor a little bit of a break until it is needed again.
I used to use this program myself, I do not anymore as I have adaquate cooling.
This program can save you quite a few degrees, perhaps extending the life of your CPU, and (in theory) can save on your electricity bill (due to less power consumption)

plex said:
Its actually a good program.
It doesn't eat up processor time, it only takes cpu cycles from the System Idle Process, in which, instead of sending redundant data through the processor (like System Idle Process does) it doesn't send anything through, gives your processor a little bit of a break until it is needed again.
I used to use this program myself, I do not anymore as I have adaquate cooling.
This program can save you quite a few degrees, perhaps extending the life of your CPU, and (in theory) can save on your electricity bill (due to less power consumption)
I don't think anyone would like to experience 5-10 second pauses when they're trying to play their games though.

I never experenced that. Do not be so quick as to isolate your problem to one program. Perhaps your computers' poor performance is being cause by something else.
Time for an upgrade perhaps.

plex said:
I never experenced that. Do not be so quick as to isolate your problem to one program. Perhaps your computers' poor performance is being cause by something else.
Time for an upgrade perhaps.
....ouch!...meow! :eek:

I hope you're not going to sit and take that ming...lol :p

damn.. he should read my first reply btw. i said i used something similar if not an older version of it.
besides, this was like 2yrs ago. AND i've never had any problems before installing it nor after i uninstalled it. :p

Then again, maybe he just sets his settings so that it only comes into action at a very high temp. Thats why he hasn't experienced it before.

Actually, what is the f:mad:%ing point of using the damn crap if you're not going to set the trigger at a lower temp? Besides, the only way for it to cool down your cpu is to pause the processes going through the cpu. i.e. short pauses in running an application/game until the cpu temp is lower than the trigger level.

I do admit that I've overstated the 5-10secs pause, but it is true that you experience a pause in whatever you're doing.
Also, there's no point in installing this crap if you're not going to set the trigger level to around 65-75C.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back