has any one ever used a hacked ver of xp?

Yeah we all use windows, but i won't go and pay 300 quid for it !!!

Originally posted by Benny

Never understood the consept of sleeping with vergins, or do you need to make sure they have no one to compare to?

And it is not hacked - its digitly pre-released

Vergins? Not a virgin vegan!

It would be the ultimate expression of my power as I endeavour on a cherry popping stint that I could tell to my grand kids...

I have no problems in bed, well, not that I know of ...

i've been running devil's own for almost one year. why would i pay $299.99 for a legit copy. that's an outrageous price.

if the os were less, i'd prolly buy it and go legit.

Originally posted by $tUy_B

Most of us have an all-time favourite car, does it mean we should be going out stealing them, cos we cannot afford to buy it ourselves?.. no.. so why should it be any different for PC software. The amount of extra money wasted on ways to stop copying is unbelievable, and if people just gave alittle thought then maybe the entire economy wouldnt be so bad.

Sorry to moan.. but as I work for a software company, I feel quite within my rights to complain! Grrrrrrr!!! ;)

The comparison of using a pirated software to stealing a car is quite ludicrous. Maybe it's more like living in someone else's house and helping yourself to what's in their fridge. :D

I was not happy when MS wanted to charge for the 98 SP. I was really upset when I purchase the much hyped Win ME- only to find out that it was the worst OS ever.

I used Devil's Own just to find out if XP was REALLY as good as it was hyped to be. I was not about to fork out that kind of cash just to be disappointed again!

Now I have a legit version of XP and I am pleased with it, but without Devil's Own, I would never have taken the risk. So the pirated version actually earned money for MS in my case.

My very first post! Haha!

Okee... as any hard-core techo freak out there, we lament about the high cost of products in the market.. be it hardware, software or watever freaking things the corporations wished to sell us. It is true that prices can be exorbitant, it makes us think hard before coughing up hard earned cash.

Through the 3 pages of postings, we see people complaining about an incumbent, a monopoly who is free to charge whatever they want because there is no other way. In a way that is true, but when there is a demand there is a supply. Prices dun stay there because Bill Gates forgot. There are there because people are still willing to pay for them.

Anyway, my point is not there :p

What is important is of the programs out there, do you know the hard work that comes with it? i not talking mozilla or linux.. i am talking about highly polished products, with years of research and innovation behind them.. DO those engineerings shake their legs and count the dollar bills day by day?

They are working people in the economy. They put in their hard work and soul and receive a wage for it. Why can't we think about them too? I know this sounds ludicrous coming from someone who doesn't buy much software but it doesn't hurt to pay a legit time to time to support these people right?

If everyone in the world use pirated software.. there will be no more demand for products.. likely innovation will stop there as well?

Think about it.

It's simple... Microsoft does not care that the average home user has a hacked version of their os. They make their money selling to businesses and on new comps.

In fact with governments switching to linux and home users... I would think Bill would prefer you hack his os if you can't afford it (or won't pay the price) and use it rather than see you switch to linux.

Originally posted by Sm|th 6th
It's simple... Microsoft does not care that the average home user has a hacked version of their os. They make their money selling to businesses and on new comps.

In fact with governments switching to linux and home users... I would think Bill would prefer you hack his os if you can't afford it (or won't pay the price) and use it rather than see you switch to linux.

If that is the case, I'm sure he does care that theres crates full of illegal copies being shipped all the time(except for the ones that get caught).

Originally posted by Kr0m

If that is the case, I'm sure he does care that theres crates full of illegal copies being shipped all the time(except for the ones that get caught).

That is a totally diff story... downloading a copy that is cracked for yourself is one thing... selling it by the crate is a little different.

btw I didn't say it was right or wrong... simply pointing out that microsoft essentially would prefer the "world" use ms even if half are illegal copies... that is a fact. That was reported by an insider at microsoft a few years ago when questioned about all the illegal win 98 copies.

tbh, if microsoft could actually give the users an incentive to buy the original software, then the piracy levels would decrease. More and more people have 2 or more computers in their house. If the product codes were made so you could activate it on 2 computers without having to get more licenses etc, then that'd be a good thing... would stop ppl wanting to use the FCKGW key anyways.

Also, MS know what the next windows will be called before the prior one comes out half the time. They prolly know exactly the date they'll release it too. If they could give us an incentive to buy any version of the new OS (upgrade/full install etc) when its released at a cut down price (you'd show your product license for the old OS on purchase or somethin), then ppl might think "oh, well... if i get 50% off the new one in the future, the £250 price tag on the new windows could be justified". The fact they have a new one out nearly every 2 years, a £250 price tag is a bit shite considering the amount we have to spend on the actual hardware to start with.

If they could just make it cheaper or give the user a reason for buying the software, then mebbe ppl actually would instead of going to the local shop, buying an eye patch, downloading it off the net and burning to a million blank cds an floggin em for a tenner down the sunday market...

someone mentioned that MS dont care about the average home user using pirated software... if it was one or two ppl who pirated it, then they wouldnt care, but considering the majority of ppl who has winXP seems to be using the FCKGW key on a pirated copy of WinXP, then its jus a bit of a problem init?

(ok, big long post is over)

I have been using Devils Own since for months and months, now with the new Service Pack and not being able to run windows update im just going to purchase a license and burns a friends and im willing to admit it, i buy my games, i dont buy ridicously over priced software.. especially and os, which is required to run my computer, mine came with 98se and i dont use it anymore, no one does, so i dont feel im doing any wrong to ms, and even if legally i am i dont care, they can blow me. Like it really matters if they get the 150$ less for an oem xp, there gonna get the 100 it costs me for a license... they are a god damn monoply anyway why the hell is anyone sticking up for them they crush the small businesses and use horrible business practices to get more and more money. Anyone who feels pirated there monoply software which is *REQUIRED* to run a computer is a moron. I only use it because i have to, i cant play CS, Morrowind, Dungeon Siege, diablo 2, avp2, jk2, etc etc on linux... and thats how i feel, its not like im stealing they arent losing any money from me, if i hadnt of gotten devils own for free i still wouldnt have bought it...

Originally posted by $tUy_B
Most of us have an all-time favourite car, does it mean we should be going out stealing them, cos we cannot afford to buy it ourselves?

I'm not condoning pirating the software... but what you are saying is like comparing apples and oranges.

If you had a mustang that I wanted... let's say I went and stole it. You no longer have it.

However, if I went to your house, with my own metal and screws and tires and steering wheel and seats and stuff and looked at your car and built another one just like it right beside your's... then drove away in my new one. You still have your's... right??

Same deal here... simply making a copy and stealing something are, in fact, two different things. It's intellectual property.. not physical property like the car.

CARS??? SOFTWARE???.....wait a minute....about the comparison other users made : cars vs. software, first, a car or anything else is a COMMODITY guts, and it is something you can sell, profit, become classic, gain value over time (if you are lucky). A piece of software legally you can't do anything with it, simply install it and use it on one PC, you can't legally lend it to anyone, borrow it , nothing!!!.... just keep spending and spending until the next patch or version.

from where I see it a good piece of software should last in your HDD 3 years to be cost effective. Now PC games....pc games are pc games and don't you dear criticize them!!

The cost of running a home computer.

Electricity:$120

Your average Mid-Range Computer-$1200
High Speed Connection: $240
Accessories: $500
Upgrades:$200

Operating System: $200
Games:$200
Maintenance Software:$150

Entertainment Value: .....Priceless

In the end to me... its a small price to pay ($200) for playing on the path of the evolution of technology.

If you don't want to pay for it...sell your computer and buy a bicycle.

I think, the saddest part of it all is that you pay all that money to use it, not own it, use it please reread that if you don't think you understood it.
read the Eula that everyone just clicks over, Microsoft owns the software, your just getting a license to use it. thats where gates genius was.. to keep ownership and license use.
and big business is paying most of it, say a company sets up a server, puts exchange on it, maybe sql too and has say 300 workstations, that a license for (1) server, (2) exchange, (3) sql, (4) 300 client OS's, and (5){the big one} a client/access license for every connection to server, another for every connection to exchange, and another for every connection to sql, that could be up to another 900 licenses that your not paying for any software just connections and only for that use, not to later move to another machine or whatever.

thats like leasing a car, you pay all that money and never really own it........then paying again each time you go to a new destination
you should be able to do like you do when you buy a car, you title it, register it and then your free to tweak it all you want, new wheels, some chrome, tint the windows, and then turn right around sell it and then it becomes same for someone else

yes, being and MCSE myself, yes I had a corp key and only used it for myself, and then only on test machines which i keep loading and reloading to test stuff. they are not machines that are used in production or personal gain/use other than to acquire knowledge. my personal machines are legal, and any i build for others i make sure are........

I believe that if MS is going to be this picky then they should create some, say, 120day keys for their software so it can be used in a test environment without the activation bs constantly being a bother, that includes letting me add service packs or whatever without key/activation headaches. All that money I spent for my cert tests should count for something from bill........

Yeah but you cant put a Car in a CD burner...pop out another copy of your car and give it to your buddy...and your buddys buddy....and his buddys buddy. Pretty soon nobody needs to buy the creators work anymore the just get a copy.

If cloning becomes mainstream, I'll bet Microsoft will be the first in line to license their children.

cough...cough...I think I need another blunt.

i wasnt talking about copying at all , thats a whole other issue..

What does it matter if you dont own it? How many people still use the original Windows. Much like in 10 years, not many will be using XP either.

Has anyone here mentioned where Bill Gates got Windows from?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back