Hardware

H

headcase

:confused: DvD drive been playing up for awhile now and the other nite if crashed my pc and something inside was smelling real nasty ,so i open up and took out the well toasted dvd drive.Then to my complete horror when i rebooted the bios set up page did not open and it said no signal on the screen and then just shut down,,so put in an old isa card to get things running witch has worked.need to know what has blown agp slot or my gts 2 card and is there anything that i can do to test this,thanks for any ideas.
xp
amd 1ghz
512 pc 133
hercules 64 mb gts 2 pro
socket a mainboard
sl-755kav-x series

The best to test tell which one is fried would be to put the video card into another machine. But it sounds like the card is probably shot.

I say the DVD drive screwed the Video Card over. Try this card in another PC, if it does not work, then I believe that your card is nice n crispy. Destroy it and post pics here :)

firstly trash the DVD drive... hope no nice cd got destroyed in it... (make sure u check for that though... i have bad expeirence of losing a backup cd full of work like that)

Then... firstly... go to rear of machine.. take out monitor cable... look at it... then put it back in... see if it boots... if not...

pull out monitor cable... take out gfx card.. try in another machine... if it works... get another gfx card stick it into the machine which had the fried dvd drive...

something outta that lot gotta 'not work' else your monitor is screwed :/

MdSalih

Well it took awhile to sort out,but now my new gainwood ultra/750 xp is in place things seem to be looking better now :) thanks for your ideas..

You're welcome :) Hope you enjoy your new card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back