hardware shopping advice from me to you

dubstar

format c:
when bidding on ebay, READ THE AUCTION..

i bid on a Socket A cpu, when i need a Slot A

im an idiot.. costing me 25 bucks that i need.

I went ahead and edited the title of the thread to hardware SHOPPING since that is basically what this thread is about :)

cheers..

All I have to say to that is "lol".

But never buy hardware off Ebay or any other auction sites.
You never know if it works.

I second SmokingWeed3000, if it doesn't say warrenty then don't touch it with a 10ft pole.

Although I've bought from them in the past.

Remember this WARRANTY..... no warranty, or no guarantee, then DON'T buy it.

Re: hardware advice from me to you

Originally posted by dubstar
when bidding on ebay, READ THE AUCTION..

i bid on a Socket A cpu, when i need a Slot A

im an idiot.. costing me 25 bucks that i need.

Oh man, that sucks! I just gave away a 650 SlotA CPU because it was sitting in my parts bin for so long and I wanted to clear things out a bit.

dubstar, you've got class, even if you need reading glasses!

Some ahole won my auction on this item and I haven't heard from him since (shameless plug for an item that will be back on eBay in a couple of days)...

So hat tip to dubstar for living up to his end of a bad bargain!

Agreed, for new hardware, always get a guarantee. I've also made the mistake of buying the wrong part due to not paying attention (both my fault and the sellers, though), but it all worked out in the end.
Getting ready to put some older stuff up again. I've been "cleaning the closet" out of all this stuff I have. Ancient stuff, really, just to give it a new home mostly as I have a hard time throwing anything away.

-Ryandor

Originally posted by freightgod
dubstar, you've got class, even if you need reading glasses!

Some ahole won my auction on this item and I haven't heard from him since (shameless plug for an item that will be back on eBay in a couple of days)...

So hat tip to dubstar for living up to his end of a bad bargain!

that actually made me feel better about my misfortune. you should start a business.. but dont quit your day job:happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back