Hardware Malfunction!!!

D

Desert Pie

Hi everyone, this is my first time to post a thread here.

I have a problem and hope someone will give some help.

My system used to be stable but not since I installed WinXP.

The blue screen gives me a headache and I don't know what to do. It says:

Hardware Malfunction
Call your hardware vender for support
***The system has halted***

Does anyone know how to fix it??
My system also has become slower, I don't know why? It takes a long time to restart....

I have Intell P. III , 256 Ram
AMIBIOS M765T.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Can you please give us more information...we can be of more help if we understand the problem more...

Thank you Highwind7777

what kind of information? I'm a beginner , just tell me what you want to know.

I don't have much experience :D

thanks for your patience...

Hi again,
I hope these info. are enough :D
I used "Belarc Advisor" to get all of them.

Hope someone can help me solve my problem....

System Model
PCCHIPS M756LMRT 123456890
System Serial Number: 123456890
Asset Tag: 0123ABC
Chassis Serial Number: 123456890

Processor a
1000 megahertz Intel Pentium III
32 kilobyte primary memory cache

Main Circuit Board
Board: PCCHIPS M756LMRT 1.0
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 062710 07/15/97

Drives
29.98 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
25.47 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
LITE-ON LTR-12101B [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]
WDC WD300BB-00AUA1 (30.02 GB) [Hard drive] -- drive

Memory Modules
240 Megabytes Installed Memory
256 Megabyte Module Size - 1 Installed
3 Memory Sockets are Empty

Controllers
Standard floppy disk controller
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller]
SiS PCI IDE Controller

Display
SiS 630/730 [Display adapter]

Bus Adapters
None detected

Multimedia
CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device

Communications
SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport

CanoScan N650U/N656U
PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)
Microsoft PS/2 Mouse
NT Apm/Legacy Interface Node
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
USB Printing Support
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

Have you checked the event log?
administative tools>event viewer>system

also have you checked your hardware device manager to see if everything is ok:
right click my computer>properties>hardware and click on the device manager.
Any yellow !? make sure you click on the + to open up fully.

Is the Blue Screen listing any numbers or naming any specific devices?

Hi guys, thanks alot for your cooperation...

There is nothing wrong wrong in my device manager list...

but I found these warnings and errors in event viewr>system:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Print
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20
Date: 10/11/1422
Time: 10:36:06 ã
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MY-PC
Description:
Printer Driver EPSON Stylus C40 Series for Windows NT x86 Version-3 was added or updated. Files:- E_DMAI13.DLL, E_DU13AE.DLL, E_DM13AE.VIF, EPIUIE6A.HLP, E_DDSP13.DLL, E_DJB303.DLL, E_DCON02.DLL, E_DMSG00.EXE, EPIBSR30.EXE, E_DI03AE.DLL, E_DD13AE.CFG, E_DD13AE.DAT, EPIPGI10.DLL, E_DPUI03.DLL, E_DPPE03.EXE, EPIUIE6A.CNT, E_DI13AE.DOC, EPSET32.DLL, E_DHMM01.DLL, E_DUMWR1.DLL, E_DHE3R0.DLL, E_DST0AE.DLL, E_HUTX01.DXT, E_H190A2.DLL, EPUTIX24.DLL, EPUTIX24.EXE, E_H1E0A2.DLL, E_S00RP2.EXE, EPUPDATE.EXE, SETUP32.DLL.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event ID: 10005
Date: 11/11/1422
Time: 01:54:24 Õ
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service SENS with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{D3938AB0-5B9D-11D1-8DD2-00AA004ABD5E}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

everytime I try to go to the link above it says that there is no support available for this problem or something like that....

The first warning has occured four times and the second (the error) two times...

Wow, I found mny errors and warnings in the event viewr>>>application

any ideas how to fix'em????? the blue screen has no numbers or names

my computer has become slower than a turtle!!! any ideas...Plzzzzzzz , thanks..

Go to Start> Printers and Faxes. Right click on your printer and delete it. Then unplug your printer. Do that and see if the printer is what's causing the problems... If it turns out to be the culprit (no more errors/computer speeds up) then you'll need to look for XP comapatible drivers for it.

Originally posted by Desert Pie

Date: 10/11/1422
Time: 10:36:06 ã
You don't think the date has anything to do with it do you?:rolleyes:
Seriously, sounds like Lonman might have hit on something there

Hi again, thank you everyone....

Lonman, I did as you said but nothing has changed, although my printer's driver is updated. My system is still the same (slow and the blue screen is killing me :mad: )

My event viewr has shown this error messege five times or more under application services:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: PctSpk
Event ID: 0
Date: 1/25/2002
Time: 2:34:49 PM
User: N/A
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( PctSpk ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: PctSpk error: 1063, StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed..

I have no idea how to fix it; could it be the reason why my system is unstable???

one thing , could someone tell me how to update or flush my BIOS? I have got alll the software from the manufacturer's website but don't know how to do it?

Please someone help me?
it seems that I will blow up my system and go back to Win98 SE
:D

Thank you again...
(sorry 4 my bad English:D)

Give us the make and model of your motherboard... that way we (or you) can go to the manufacturers' site and look for their flash instructions. I think that's a wise move (updating the bios) before we go troubleshooting any more on the same issues... in case the flash fixes it.

Thank you Lonman , you are really a nice guy < :D

This is my motherboard's make and number:

Main Circuit Board
Board: PCCHIPS M756LMRT 1.0
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 062710 07/15/97

I went to their website but (to be frank :D) I don't know how to update or flush this BIOS thing?

Any ideas???

oh by the way, I wonder if I will lose all the date on my system after flushin or updating my BIOS.

I'm sorry , I know I'm giving you a headache with all my questions ...

I wonder if I will lose all the date on my system after flushin or updating my BIOS
If you mean data, no. BUT, if you do it wrong and don't follow the instructions I'm about to go look for to a TEE... you'll fry your bios chip and your computer won't even boot-up. That said, it's nothing to fear... just respect the process and make sure you read everything BEFORE you do the flash. That last sentence in the instructions might be the one that saves ur bacon.

AMI bios flash instructions

Please take note of the fact that we only advise you to upgrade your BIOS if you experience
otherwise unsolvable problems with your board.

1. You should make a note of your BIOS settings on paper.
2. Copy the new BIOS file and the Flash Utility to a bootable floppy. *Refer to your OS manual how to make a bootable disk.
3. Boot the computer from the floppy.
4. At the prompt, type 'AMINF322' (without the inverted commas) followed by the full name of the new BIOS file.
For example you will have the screen looking like this: A:\>AMINF322 990101s.bin
5. Press <ENTER>.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions and choose to EXIT when prompted to do so. The AMIFLASH Utility matches the new BIOS file to the current one and tells you if it is suited for the mainboard.
7. After the program has finished and you are back at the prompt, just switch off the computer and remove the power.
8. It is wise to clear the CMOS after flashing the BIOS. To do this you'll have to open the case.
9. Clear the CMOS, by moving the jumper on the board into the CLEAR CMOS position. (Check your manual to determine the exact location of the jumper. It is usually located close to the CMOS chip and battery). Wait for about 5 seconds, then place the jumper in it's original position and plug the power in again.
9. Reboot the machine and reconfigure the BIOS correctly using the noted settings.

If your PC doesn't boot anymore after flashing the BIOS, there might still be a way to flash
another BIOS file. Copy the BIOS file onto a bootable DOS boot disk (you'll ofcourse need
a second computer to do this) and rename the file to AMIBOOT.ROM. Next, boot with this disk
and during boot press Control-Home. This should activate the first 4K boot routine in the
BIOS (which is never overwritten by flashing) and flash the renamed BIOS file.
After your BIOS has been flashed proceed from step 7.
*To make a bootable floppy in XP, put a blank floppy in your drive> Open Windows Explorer> Right click on your floppy drive icon and select 'Format..."> On the window that opens, place a checkmark in the box adjacent to "Create an MS-DOS startup disk"> Start. When that's done, copy the flash utility and the *.bin file to the floppy, boot to the floppy and follow the flash instructions.

Thank you so much Lonman.... I did flash and update the Bios and my system now runs great and fast under WINXP.

But there is another problem .... :D

My system now cannot connect to the internet because it could not detect my LAN and Network Adaptor.... I tried to uninstal and reinstall windows to detect it but in vane....

I added the SIS adaptor from the device manager >>> add new hardware wizard >>> but it tells me that this device cannot run (code 10) , i don't know what that means!!!

How could I resolve this problem ??? I tried to change my BIOS settings but didn't work ...

I also tried to reprogram my LAN ID using the software (EE.zip)
in this web site:
http://www.pcchips.com/index2.html

Moreover, my system shows now as Intell P. III 500 Mhz instead of 1 Ghz , that's so strange!!! could you tell me why? and what could be done to fix these problems??

Thank you so much for you r effort to help me, I really appreciate your patience and cooperation...
:D :D :D

I really don't know what could be causing the additional problems now. If you don't have the option in your bios to set you processor mulitiplier/speed, then you might want to reflash your bios to an earlier revision.

Look on the m/b's site for information on your LAN adapater... I'm guessing this is onboard???

Hardware Malfunction

My compter runs on Windows XP. For last couple of days my computer shutsdown with the above msg. The event log has several error messages. One which is repeated severa times reads like this
-The General Purpse USB Driver (addidr.sys) service failed to start due to the following error
The service cannot be started,either because it disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it

Can anyone help me please?

When you installed Windows XP you need to update your MB chipset driver, your LAN driver, your AGP driver, your sound driver, your modem driver (if you have one) and your USB driver (especially if you have USB 2.0 support). Soemtimes windows XP will install a driver automatically if you have not installed the correct one. The driver windows guesses at may work or may only partially work. When having problems find the correct, latest driver then uninstall the devices under device manager and reboot. Then tell windows where to find the correct driver when it finds the new hardware during boot.

Here is the link to the PCCHips download site.

http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Downloads/Category_Download.aspx?Categoryid=1&MenuID=35&LanID=2

The part number M756LMRT V1.0 you show is not on the list. There are two M756L boards with different numbers than yours. You need to be sure of the exact part number before downloading drievrs or bios updates.

The MB may be listing the CPU speed wrong because you flashed the wrong Bios or it could just be a setting in the new bios. Muliplier speed will be under the advanced menu in the bios. If the computer will not boot after changing the bios multiplier you may need to do a bioc CMOS memory clear. BE POSITIVE you have the correct bios.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back