Harddrive problems

Well one day i woke up, turned on my moniter and i saw a bluescreen..the usal memory dump screen so i reboot, and get ntloader could not start ctrl alt delete to restart. so i did like 10 times and no go, so i just formated the drive and reinstalled XP pro. well i got everything running and such, but one thing is bothering me. It seems every once and a while my computer will "Hang" like stuttering in pc games. Could this be becuase the hdd is failing? is there anything to check it? and if it is failing how would i go about making an image of the drive to copy to another drive so i don't have to reinstall everything?

ok the harddrive officaly died last night, so i bought a new one, but i'm an idiot and didn't think about taking out my other one when installing windows, now my secondary drive is the "C:" drive and my windows drive is "F" is there anyway to change this without screwing up all the directory paths?

Partition Magic can change the drive letter and fix the drive links. It might get a little messy, Windows resists Boot drive changes.

Windows might be able to change the drive letters but you're paths are probably going to be wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back