Harddrive partitions

David_L6

OSNN Addict
Can someone explain what all this means please? I didn't do anything intentionally to get this harddrive set up like this. I don't know if this is the way it should be or not.

Volume Layout Type File System Status

Partition Basic FAT Healthy (EISA Configuration)

Partition Basic FAT32 Healthy (Unknown Partition)

(C: ) Partition Basic NTFS Healthy (System)

Capacity Free Space %Free Fault Tolerance Overhead

47MB 40MB 85% No 0%

2.75GB 490MB 17% No 0%

66.12GB 57.37GB 86% No 0%

The board keeps squishing all the above back together! I tried to space it out to make it more easily read and to look more like it does when looking at it on my computer, but I can't.

Last edited:
this is might be a harddrive recovery mode. HP and Compaq, instead of sending Windows to you, give you the option of restoring the computer to manufacturers settings. If you bought this computer and it did not include an xp cd, chances are this is where your system restore file is.

Dell also gives the option to use a system recovery. I believe this was the Windows key and f11. If you did this from the reinstall key then the FAT32 is the restore.

falconguard said:
Dell also gives the option to use a system recovery. I believe this was the Windows key and f11. If you did this from the reinstall key then the FAT32 is the restore.

Don't be surprised (I'm not), but ya lost me! I don't remember hitting the Windows key and F11. Pretty sure I didn't....

Am I wasting space on this harddrive the way it is new? (Looks to me like I am.) Is there any way to find out what is on each partition?

El Pescador said:
L6 -

Do you still have the 40GB HDD in the same shape as when you cloned it to the Raptor ?

El Pescador

Sure I do. I have done exactly as you told me to. I left the 40gig HDD unplugged. Actually, other than downloading some virus protection and benchmark programs I haven't changed a thing since the last time I talked to you.

I've had fun playing with the benchmark programs on the 8400, but that's all I've done so far. I'd like to install some flight sims, but I want to be sure that everything is just right (not just usable) before I do.

well, if you dont want it, format it. if you're saying you bought it new like this, just format it and you're problem is over.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back