Harddrive Partition

N

Not Bman

Not sure where to really put this, so I choose here.

I just got a new 200GB WD harddrive......desided to partition it as "about" 160GB partition & a 20GB Partition......now I have installed all my programs and stuff, and relised I dont want to use the 20GB partition how I wanted too, is there away without restarted my windows setup and all, put the 20GB back into the 160GB?

First off, any partition editing will have to be done with Partition Software. All you can do within Windows is delete the partition, but you can't merge it back to C: without something like Partition Magic or a similar program. And, these programs have to run outside of when Windows is running, so a reboot will be required.

EDIT: Dangit, beat me GM :(

So I have to get a copy of Partition Magic, and that would be a cd right, restart windows and load from cd.....and it gives me simple instructions on doing what I want?

Bman™ said:
So I have to get a copy of Partition Magic, and that would be a cd right, restart windows and load from cd.....and it gives me simple instructions on doing what I want?
Install Partition Magic, you can configure your changes from within Windows. However the computer needs to reboot for the changes to apply.

You could, however, boot to the CD and work that way, whatever your preference.

Oh no.

Symantec bought Partition Magic from Powerquest.

I think I'll withhold my recommendation on it with that big of a change.

Get an older copy if you can, Ebay or Amazon or a local software reseller like Half Price Books.

This is from 2003. I have no idea what is going on now but DRM on partition software scares me away:

Like Symantec and its Norton AntiVirus software, PowerQuest has not added the DRM technology to retail copies of PartitionMagic 8.0, which shipped late last year. But PowerQuest began attaching the DRM software to version 8.02, available on PowerQuest's web site a few weeks ago, according to a company spokesman.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back