• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Harddrive Partition

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Not sure where to really put this, so I choose here.

I just got a new 200GB WD harddrive......desided to partition it as "about" 160GB partition & a 20GB Partition......now I have installed all my programs and stuff, and relised I dont want to use the 20GB partition how I wanted too, is there away without restarted my windows setup and all, put the 20GB back into the 160GB?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
First off, any partition editing will have to be done with Partition Software. All you can do within Windows is delete the partition, but you can't merge it back to C: without something like Partition Magic or a similar program. And, these programs have to run outside of when Windows is running, so a reboot will be required.

EDIT: Dangit, beat me GM :(

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
So I have to get a copy of Partition Magic, and that would be a cd right, restart windows and load from cd.....and it gives me simple instructions on doing what I want?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Bman™ said:
So I have to get a copy of Partition Magic, and that would be a cd right, restart windows and load from cd.....and it gives me simple instructions on doing what I want?
Install Partition Magic, you can configure your changes from within Windows. However the computer needs to reboot for the changes to apply.

You could, however, boot to the CD and work that way, whatever your preference.

Oh no.

Symantec bought Partition Magic from Powerquest.

I think I'll withhold my recommendation on it with that big of a change.

Get an older copy if you can, Ebay or Amazon or a local software reseller like Half Price Books.

This is from 2003. I have no idea what is going on now but DRM on partition software scares me away:

Like Symantec and its Norton AntiVirus software, PowerQuest has not added the DRM technology to retail copies of PartitionMagic 8.0, which shipped late last year. But PowerQuest began attaching the DRM software to version 8.02, available on PowerQuest's web site a few weeks ago, according to a company spokesman.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar